WnSoft Forums

Creating masks

Steph65

Hello. I am having trouble creating a mask.

I have just completed an av with many masks inserted with no problem.

I am just starting another project and when I try to insert a mask, the result is that the image appears but is covered by a chequered effect.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Steph 65

Steph,

First add your base image. Then add a Mask Container and choose the mask to go in it. Then add your second image into the Mask Container.

In the example, A49 is the base image and D962 is the image inside the Mask Container.

Peter

post-4886-0-13890800-1350900503_thumb.jp

I have tried this over and over again Peter but the result is still the same, the image that I insert as the mask still ends up with the original checkered pattern through it. Cant understand why this is happening as I have just completed a project in which I have included many masks. Perhaps I have checked a box that I shouldnt have....Steph

You mean you are seeing something like this?

post-4886-0-65310200-1350901861_thumb.jp

I will go through what I do.

I Click on M for mask. Box opens and I click on 'from preset' and choose the shape I want. Ok.

I then click on the box on the right which says 'Add Mask' and it takes me back to the Add Mask Box.

I select 'From File' and then browse for the image I want for the mask and open it.

What I end up with is the same as the example which you have kindly sent to me, but, my new image appears through the checkered area.

You can see both my mask image and the checks through it.

regards Steph

I will go through what I do.

I Click on M for mask. Box opens and I click on 'from preset' and choose the shape I want. Ok.

That is the right thing to do

I then click on the box on the right which says 'Add Mask' and it takes me back to the Add Mask Box.

I select 'From File' and then browse for the image I want for the mask and open it.

That's where you are going wrong!

What I end up with is the same as the example which you have kindly sent to me, but, my new image appears through the checkered area.

You can see both my mask image and the checks through it.

regards Steph

Instead of doing Add Mask at that point, you need to close that dialogue, make sure the Mask Container is the selected object in the Objects List, and then add an image to the Mask Container with the Add image icon up near the M for Mask icon at top left.

regards,

Peter

Instead of doing Add Mask at that point, you need to close that dialogue, make sure the Mask Container is the selected object in the Objects List, and then add an image to the Mask Container with the Add image icon up near the M for Mask icon at top left.

regards,

Peter

Thank you so much Peter, if you could see the smile on my face!!!

regards Steph