WnSoft Forums

A Few Snapshots From Our Trip....

Lin Evans

Loved your show Lin!

We were there in 2010 and must have lucked into a slow day because we

saw a few other tour busses but heard no speakers but our own and really enjoyed the

tour of Momument Valley.

If you're going to Zion National Park you'll probably either go thru Kanab Utah or be very

close to it.

FYI if you or anyone reading this thread is ever that way-- The Parry Lodge in Kanab Utah is where many of

the western movie stars stayed during filming. John Wayne paid for the swimming pool at the lodge.

You can go into the office area and dining room and the walls are lined with 8 by 10 autographed photos

of hundreds of actors including John Wayne and John Ford.

Jackie Hamblin Rife is a retired stunt woman and stunt double. She still works in the Kanab visitor center.

She was happy to talk to us and gave us a signed publicity photo.

There is a movie set museum across the street from the Parry Lodge which is worth a visit, it's free.

We spent a few hours in town during our trip and really enjoyed the Hollywood connection to this little town.

Hi Dan,

Thanks!

I think maybe you did luck into a slow day! Either that or the Navajo have considerably stepped-up the tour trade.

I did indeed go through Kanab several times, but didn't stop this time. I will have to investigate The Parry Lodge and Movie Set Museum - it sounds like a very interesting place. I only live about a day's drive from the area so have the opportunity to visit fairly frequently. One of my favorite places is Boulder, Utah - really great little lodge and restaurant there (The Devil's Backbone Grill). There are some wonderful places to visit in the area for sure.

Best regards,

Lin

Loved your show Lin!

We were there in 2010 and must have lucked into a slow day because we

saw a few other tour busses but heard no speakers but our own and really enjoyed the

tour of Momument Valley.

If you're going to Zion National Park you'll probably either go thru Kanab Utah or be very

close to it.

FYI if you or anyone reading this thread is ever that way-- The Parry Lodge in Kanab Utah is where many of

the western movie stars stayed during filming. John Wayne paid for the swimming pool at the lodge.

You can go into the office area and dining room and the walls are lined with 8 by 10 autographed photos

of hundreds of actors including John Wayne and John Ford.

Jackie Hamblin Rife is a retired stunt woman and stunt double. She still works in the Kanab visitor center.

She was happy to talk to us and gave us a signed publicity photo.

There is a movie set museum across the street from the Parry Lodge which is worth a visit, it's free.

We spent a few hours in town during our trip and really enjoyed the Hollywood connection to this little town.

I'm not trying to steal this thread but I wonder how far you are from another great place

called Colorado National Monument ?

When I first heard of it my mental picture was of some sort of road side marker

or a statue. How wrong I was!

It's sort of like Monument Valley in reverse.

In Monument Valley you are on the lower ground looking up at those huge rock formations.

In CNM you're on top of the formation looking down.

Here's one of my favorites

CNM.JPG

Hi Dan,

That's a beautiful area. I'm about a 4.5 hour drive from Colorado National Monument. It's been a couple years since I visited - I might make a trip there one of these days soon! Thanks for posting the picture and for reminding me!

Best regards,

Lin