WnSoft Forums

Captivating Kites

PestMaster

Hello all,

After many hours of reading and viewing many fine slideshow sequences on this site I have finally completed my first serious Audio Visual....

Or at least my first that I am happy to put up on this site.

I had a great time learning how to use PTE

The camera I use is a Canon 450D with mainly a Canon 15-85mm USM and some images were taken with my Tamron 70-300SP

It is a zipped file as has been recommended to me as the best way to transfer files

I'd love your comments - good or otherwise...

https://www.yousendi...DZ2dmVFpvSWNUQw

Gerry

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Gerry

Just watched your show. I usually rate them by sections so here goes, pictures: stunning colours really sharp & crisp, would have liked to see more, good mix of kites & crowd. Pictures again, on the downside some were cropped so part of the kite was missing, I always try to include the full subject. The music got a little repititious towards the end. Finally would have liked to see more slides for the same timescale giving a slightly faster pace. Overall a good effort, I've kept it. :)

Yachtsman1.

Hi Gerry,

One's judgement on an A/V is sometimes dependant on the mood you are in. Having just polished off a bottle of Savingnon Blanc when I only meant to drink half of it, I may be a bit biased but I was totally captivated by it. The money shot was the lttle girl looking up (at her kite). Kevin's piece of music helped as I have used that piece a couple of times on my own stuff. There was some really clever work there and I look forward to seeing more.

Hi Gerry,

Good show with nice panning, zooming and rotation on some of the images. As said before, some pictures would have been better if the tails of the kites where not cut off, but overall the picture quality was very good. The show had a nice feeling to it with a good mix of kites and people and a nice piece of music. As a minor point, for me the show but could have been a little faster.

Thanks for showing,

Bert

Thank you for taking the time to comment, i do appreciate it.

One of the problems on the day was 'no wind' - They had real problems on the day and some of the bigger kites were only up for a short time.

Yes, I would have liked more 'people' shots, but sometimes it is difficult to take shots of people especially kids without being challenged.

The music ? well, I liked to introduce new slides on the beat and this has a very definite beat to it.

I did try with more slides originally but it didn't seem to fit the music then. It seems to sit well with some and not with others... such is life I suppose.

I will also try not to crop too close next time - point taken

Thanks for your comments, I'll bear them in mind for the next one