WnSoft Forums

video output problem newbie needs help

jak101

I recently downloaded PTE and have been playing around with the various features. I decided to make some videos and save them in AVI format. I thought I would make several vides of the slide shows and put them together in another piece of software. I did not add sound to any of them as I was going to do so in the other software so that it would be continuous on playbalck of all.

I made four AVI videos that did transfer and play in other softwware. I first opened them with VLC and the first four worked. I opened them in a Cyberlink product, and they worked.

Nothing has changed with my computer. I am using the same size jpg files that I used previously .In fact, they are off the same shoot and same card with the same camera setting.

I created slide shows five and six and used the same method to make the AVI file. I made sure that everything was set to 16:9 as I did before when I set up the project and just before I went to publsih in case I added a slideand did nto make the change. It ahs the same slide timing. They have between 25 and 30 slides each.

Since I do not know about codecs etc, I just put in Microsoft 1, as did before, and opened the configure button and left it with the default. I had done the same with the previous AVI files, and they worked.

Now, I cannot get any file made that way to open with VLC and get a message that it cannot open the file. I tried to open it with Media center or player and that did not open either. I tried the Intel codec, and that did not work.

I am obviously doing something wrong unknowingly or there is a problem with the software. I do not know what else to try.

I have read many of the other posts in this part of the forum and admit that I do not understand a lot of what is suggested.

Any help would be appreciated especially if given in a simple and step by step manner as I am very new to this.

Thanks in advance.