WnSoft Forums

Journey to the Planet Ocean

Rooskidiver

Hi All! I wanted to make a few comments about my latest show available for downloading at Beechbrook Cottage entitled Planet Ocean. This show is a collection of some of my favorite underwater photos that my husband and I have taken over the years. Some of the photos are from the early '80's. All slides were made in PhotoShop 7.0 and most of the pictures have had some cleaning up ... mostly to eliminate backscatter. All colors are natural though and I think the most colorful shots came from Fiji and Australia.

Don't expect to see sharks, whales, or other awesome underwater critters of those types. It is not that we have not seen all those things while diving ... we just never have gotten good pictures of them. :angry:

I want to thank a few people for their help and support. Oleg, thank you so much for your last seven months of PhotoShop lessons, your wonderful contributions here at the forum and the Cottage, and for your friendship :) . Ken, thank you for your advice and guidance in scanning some of my old photos. And thank you Bill for providing us with such an excellent website to share our shows with other addicted PTE users. And finally, thanks to Igor and the PTE team for PTE! ;)

Carol

Carol:

:):)

Great show, wonderful transitions, page set-ups etc etc

And the pictures were good too !!!! <grin>

Must have taken you a day or two to set create it !

A friend who watched it with me was fascinated with all the underwater creatures and the colour.

You should publish a program to go with the show so we will learn about what we are looking at.

Congrats !!

PS: You are an excellent student of Oleg's !

Hi Jim!

Thanks for the compliments. I did work on this a couple of days ... or was that months? ;) If I am a good student it's because Oleg is such a good teacher. And I practice and experiment ... a lot!

I'll think about publishing a program listing the creatures so you'll know what you're looking at. Available upon request of course. :rolleyes:

I like to send these kinds of shows to my mother. She thinks everything underwater has a shark lurking behind it. I wish! But it is just so colorful and beautiful and peaceful. I get hurt a lot more skiing than I ever have underwater!

Thanks again,

Carol

Dear Carol, this is fine work! I have got the big pleasure.

This is not photoalbum, this is real SLIDESHOW.

- Scenario there is very good.

- Beautiful work with transitions.

- Fine play with backgrounds.

- Borders is very good.

- Quality of photos is excellent.

- And fine synchronisation.

My congratulations and my applause to you!!!

Oleg :blink:

Thank you, Oleg! I, your humble student, appreciate your comments. If I had not watched your excellent slideshows last July I would still be using PTE built-in backgrounds and would never have thought to change the timing on the effect durations! This style show is harder to make but I like the results. ;)

Now we have to finish our tutorial so people can learn all our Russian/American secrets! :lol:

Carol

Being in the middle, between both countries, it gives me great pleasure to find that Russians and Americans are cooperating so well these days!! :):)

Carol, I have always envied underwater photographers, and I enjoyed very much your beautiful photos.