WnSoft Forums

SVCD'S

fitzner101

:P I am using Roxio version 6 and I am getting excellent svcd's with this program Roxio.

However I go to save the work and it is saved to my documents in a Roxio folder titled "PM Studio"

Later I go back to bring up any saved work. The presentations .avi are daved in a folder called "pm studio"

I double click or open and I get a message ALWAYS saying " the video clip "D:\p2e presentation \Mexico City2_vid 161 .avi in the project cannot be located and will not be part of the loaded project so, I click "ok" it does start loading anway and then I get ALWAYS the prompt that "this program has performed an illegal operation and so on and so on........... I click ok and that is that.

That is why I have been saying with Roxio I can only do just one presentation per "cd"

I cannot save the avi through p2e program after I do all that I have to do to make the video avi?

Harry <_<

you cannot save a pte created avi.vid file

they are temporary

Harry,

I have not used Roxio dvd creator for a bit ---especially the multiple menu/track type of show as one of my players cannot access the extra tracks -- the p2e/tmpgenc/nero process has given me the best results and all my players can access the various tracks if i make a menu driven show

As Ron says none of his family can play svcd shows -- i have also found this to be a problem -- if i go looking for someplace to test "home grown" show, i take a vcd and a svcd -- the salesmen invariably do not know what i am talking about when i say svcd -- they dont even know vcd -- all they know is hollywood type dvd's -- and some people who have 3 yrs or older dvd players cannot play cd-r vcd's -- we are into area of experimentation and it is going to take quite a while for "all people" to have dvd players -- believe it or not all households do not have computers --and those that do might be able to play games and get their email and browse the web -- beyond that the majority are lost

so i will try to explain the process -- the basic process is explained by Igor's first entry in this section

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

you just open the particular p2e shows and create avi's - to save you hunting avi's/vid to import -- i would set up a folder to save the avi's to - you leave them all open and import them into easy cd dvd creator in the order you wish them to be -if you put them all on the same line they will be treated as one show - but if they are on different lines they will be on separate tracks . the svcd process is the same as the vcd process -- only the final product is different.

when the roxio process has burned the disk then you finsh the open p2e's and the temp avi/vid files disappear

i will email you screenshots of typical folder configurations of vcd and svcd --- i will not email you the screen shots of the contents -- the meat of the shows are in the folder labelled mpegav -- the video files in that folder have a dat extension - if need be - they can be opened with windows media player 9 by using the r mouse open with command

ken

read Igor's first thread on the subject

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

ken