WnSoft Forums

Fall in PA

steven62

Hi Folks,

Link:

http://www.mediafire...i3wl674abjlc40a

Show specs: about 35MB download, 5 minutes, 20 seconds long, 33 slides, 16:9 aspect ratio.

Most of the pictures were taken from my "backyard". We live on 16 acres with a small mountain behind (it's called the endless mountains).

Others were taken from a road behind the ridge and the rest was shot at Mt. Pisgah County park outside of East Troy, PA. A couple were shot in NY.

I figured that after receiving no replies for my first show that it must have been pretty bad so I went back to the drawing board so to speak and buried my nose into the guide and spent my birthday money on some tutorials so I hope that this is better and that you enjoy it.

Steven

Hi Steven,

I missed your first show so I don't have a comparison, but I'd say that the time you spent learning PTE was well spent! To begin with, you have a lovely "backyard". I thought the music was well chosen also -- nice and relaxing. You did a good job with the animations (the moving clouds were a nice touch too). I would have liked to have seen some more closeups or details of the beautiful leaves mixed in with the landscapes, though. I thought the show was a bit too long for what was included. I think you could perhaps edit a bit more selectively (many of the shots were almost identical) and resize the show to the length of only the first piece of music. But that is just my 2 cents. Thanks for sharing and don't be afraid to post more of your creations!

Hi Steven,

You certainly are getting a grip on PTE's many functions and techniques and the moving cloud technique is very good indeed. Some of the things I did not like were 1) zooms a bit on the fast side and went from too close to too far away and they could have been spread more evenly throughout the show. 2) Too many similar photos where the horizon cut the image in two and some were not that interesting. 3)Too big a gap between the two pieces of music. Just my opinion of course and I am far from an expert (as you may like to see shortly in my show "Autumn Leaves")but I hope it helps and I you get a few more critiques.

Good Morning,

Mary Wrote:

I would have liked to have seen some more closeups or details of the beautiful leaves mixed in with the landscapes, though

I agree and that is what I wanted to do but as you can see from the closeup of the leaves in the beginning of the show they were on the way out. I had to close up a lot of holes in that 1 shot in my image editor as it was. We had had some pretty bad weather prior to what we shot with a lot of rain and wind as well as the tail end of hurricane Sandy so I was stuck with what I had. Maybe next year I hope.

Thank you for you for your comments both good and those to help me improve. I find that I am really enjoying making slide shows.

Mickp Wrote:

zooms a bit on the fast side and went from too close to too far away and they could have been spread more evenly throughout the show.

You are quite right about the fast zooms and to be very honest I just could not figure out how to slow them down unless I added more time to the slide. Learning how to do that is on my to do list.

Thank you for your comments as it all will contribute to my learning experience in learning PTE.

I look forward to seeing your show about Autumn Leaves.

I do want to take the time in thanking Barry Beckham for his great tutorials. Although I cannot afford to purchase the disks I have downloaded and purchased individual tutorials from his site of those areas I needed.

Also a thanks to Lin Evans for his free tutorials and that terrific manual from version 5. I wish someone would publish an updated version like that in English so new folks like me could get a better grip on PTE. I am not knocking the guide here but let's be honest it is just a guide as opposed to a manual. The guide got me started but just when I need a deeper explanation it leaves me hanging which is why I wish there was a manual.

Steven