WnSoft Forums

Vodafone 155.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

My Wife's mobile phone has finally reached the end of its' working life, in that the numbers & letters are practically un readable. It's coming up to Christmas so I offered to replace it with something more up to date. Unfortunately she wanted something similar as she didn't fancy embracing the new technology :(/>/>/>/> So after scouring what was available for the more mature person with eyesight problems we agreed on the Vodafone 155, also known as the Alcatel 282 one touch, which most of the major SP's market under their own badge. Main plus points, large buttons & simplicity of use. After trying a similar product from Amazon which was supposed to be Sim free but wouldn't operate, we visited the Vodafone shop & 15 minutes later walked out with her new phone. At home it was charged up & I scoured the instructions & eventually tried to authorise the device, to cut things short, it wouldn't work. Then the following day after leaving 3 un-answered messages on the shop's answerphone, & spending almost an hour on their head office helpline, we retuned to the shop. Full of apologies the assistant explained in a load of technical jargon why she had "cocked up" the registration. Eventually for the good of my health, I demanded my money back & we left phoneless. :(/>/>/>/> Three major SP shops later, including CFW/house, we still were phoneless. A couple of hours re-scouring the net couldn't improve VF's deal. So after biteing the bullet, I re-ordered the 155 online from VF. Next day, Sunday, we received an email from DPD to say we would receive the phone Monday (today) & if we clicked the track button Monday morning, would be given the actual hour it would arrive. 20 attempts later we are still waiting to be given the hour. We have since received 2 emails from Vodafone, one to say my order was being dispatched, & the second around lunchtime to say it had been despatached, so obviously the technology is at crossed purposes :(/>/>/>/>

In the meantime, I have downloaded 3 instructional videos from Youtube & a PDF file from Alcatel & put them together into a PTE show so my wife will be able to access them, & hopefully, if the B****Y thing ever arrives, be able to learn how to use it.

Mechanics. Mediafire download 39MB, run time 5m, 3 video clips, which were not converted in PTE as their size shot up by 200%, 18 slides 16-9 AR, manual operation, no music only what was on the clips.

So if anyone is looking for a mobile phone for their Granny or such like, this exe may solve a lot of hassle showing them how to use it if they buy the Vodafone 155 or its' namesake.

Yachtsman1

http://www.mediafire.com/?la8d16dum55v1sl

post-5560-0-40502200-1354544278_thumb.jp