WnSoft Forums

Aspect ratio for custom transitions!

xahu34

Do not move this topic: This is rather a bug report that a suggestion!

If we create a new custom transition in a project of arbitrary aspect ratio, the editor for the custom transition always has a screen with AR 4:3. This is (in my opinion) not a good concept. It should be possible to create transitions for dedicated aspect ratios. You may look at the attached projects, one is 16:10, the other one is 4:3. Both use the same custom transition that has been created inside the 16:10 project. During the transition you should see the text "Next Slide!" three times, but it only works correctly for the 4:3 project.

Regards,

Xaver

NextSlide_16x10.zip

NextSlide_4x3.zip

Xaver,

Aspect ratio of custom transition is not always 4:3, you can change it if you want. In Effect Editor, click Customize button (bottom-left corner of the screen).

See also User Guide, page 26.

Of course, if your project has one aspect ratio and custom transition has some other aspect ratio, the result will not look good. You must edit this transition and change its aspect ratio so it matches aspect ratio of the project.

Sorry, my fault, I did not see that. So, it would be fine to have custom aspect ratios, as well. Only recently, I could watch shows with 1:1 and 2:1. Furthermore, why isn't there the option to modify a custom effect and save it under a new name (save as ...)? If I have an effect for 4:3, and if I then modify it for 3:2, I may like to keep the old effect.

Regards,

Xaver

To save custom effect under a new name, press Ctrl+S.

For me, this does work in cases where I want to store a modified version of an existing effect under a new name. Furthermore: The option "Save as .." should be visible, and not only given as a keyboard shortcut.

Regards,

Xaver