WnSoft Forums

Bug when using masks [SOLVED]

davedare

...it would be helpful if you could indicate the minimum specifications required for adequately running version 7.5.2.

David,

There are no simple answers to your request other than: it depends... For example: what is your definition of "adequately"?

The ReadMe.rtf file shipped with v7.5 includes the following:

"System Requirements

PC with CPU 1.4 GHz, 512 MB of system memory, video card with 128 MB of video memory, sound card.

Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP. DirectX 9 or newer.

DVD-RW drive for burning of DVD-Video discs."

Statements about System Requirements, from all software vendors, generally need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I recall Microsoft stating that XP would run on 256MB and that Vista would run on 512MB. So they would - like a sick pig! It quickly became apparent that XP was happiest if given 1GB of RAM and Vista needed 2GB (particularly if you wanted to run resource hungry applications like Photoshop).

Both my desktop and my laptop systems can run most PTE sequences that I build with no problems. Occasionally, if I do something more complex, particularly with HD images (1920x1080) things get a little jerky. The graphics in the desktop is only an nVidia GeForce 210 but it has 1GB of onboard memory. I'm hoping Santa is going to bring me a new laptop with much more powerful graphics. I will then need to upgrade the graphics card in the desktop to match that in the laptop.

You have to be prepared to upgrade or replace your equipment when it can no longer handle the work that you are asking it to do. My current laptop can no longer handle what gets thrown at it - so it is going to be replaced. When it is replaced, the desktop will not be able to handle sequences that the new laptop can, so the desktop then gets upgraded. That's the way things are these days.

regards,

Peter