WnSoft Forums

Picture-slides, space for comments

Walter

Picture-slides, space for comments

The PTE-forum is a really lively one. Congratulations! The Members give a lot of hints to programmers to improve the really fine program. (And programmers actually seem to read such contributions to the forum – great!).

So do I today, as a new member:

As many people don’t have a sound-card in their computer yet, I like to use underlined or side-lined text-comments to my slides.

This is sometimes difficult: the picture is to big, not enough space beneath the picture, not enough space above or aside the picture. I am not able to either make a (single) picture smaller or move it to a lower or higher (or left or right) position on the screen, providing some more space for the text-comment.

There is another problem, the fact, that obviously near all later changes under the project-options-button (at least %- picture to 100%-screen or entering a *.wav-file) destroy all text-comments, changing them to file-name and so destroy all the text-work already done.

So I contribute the following ideas (wishes) for next updates of PTE:

possibility to change picture-size (under customize-button)

possibility to change position of picture on the screen (unter customize-button)

changing the demolition of ready text-work on slides, when changing a option.

Walter

Hi, Walter,

Welcome to the Forum! You will find all sorts of useful tips here.

One way to arrange your photos to leave room for comments is to use the Object Editor. You can import your photos here as objects and position them where you want, leaving room for text or other photos. It's not as handy as your suggestion, but a work-around until Igor adds further capabilities.

Re the customized text comments, choose the formats and options you want for your comments in "Project Options / Comments", then exit Project Options. Then, enter Project Options again and uncheck "Set comments for all slides as" in Project Options / Comments. Then exit Project Options again, and customize your comments using the "Comments" line at the bottom right quadrant of the main window. Your customized comments should remain whenever you enter Project Options again. Please let us know if you need further info. All the best! :)

Hello Al,

Thank you for your very fast answer – and thank you particularly for the hint, to uncheck “Set comments for all slides as” in Project Options/Comments. This really seems to save comments, when changing Project-Options.

Until now I did not succeed with the Object-Editor, calling pictures to place them on the screen. In my PTE those Pictures come up very big, filling the screen nearly at all and hiding so everything beneath. This happens with normal pictures (~ 4/6”) and with extra small Pictures (~ 1/1,5”) as well and always, if I choose full screen mode or windowed mode (with or without borders) and “fit to screen” checked or unchecked.

(I suppose there is another Windows-trap somewhere in the Options-Screens I did’nt recognise so far. Maybe you can help me, finding the trap)

In this connection: width and height in Project Options/Screen is that Pixel or mm or what?

One more question, being a new member in your forum, not yet accustomed to all english computer-freak language-terms: what does “Re” mean (you wrote: “Re the customized text comments …) I found “Re” used by other members too.

Walter

Hello Al,

Thank you for your very fast answer – and thank you particularly for the hint, to uncheck “Set comments for all slides as” in Project Options/Comments. This really seems to save comments, when changing Project-Options.

Until now I did not succeed with the Object-Editor, calling pictures to place them on the screen. In my PTE those Pictures come up very big, filling the screen nearly at all and hiding so everything beneath. This happens with normal pictures (~ 4/6”) and with extra small Pictures (~ 1/1,5”) as well and always, if I choose full screen mode or windowed mode (with or without borders) and “fit to screen” checked or unchecked.

(I suppose there is another Windows-trap somewhere in the Options-Screens I did’nt recognise so far. Maybe you can help me, finding the trap)

In this connection: width and height in Project Options/Screen is that Pixel or mm or what?

One more question, being a new member in your forum, not yet accustomed to all english computer-freak language-terms: what does “Re” mean (you wrote: “Re the customized text comments …) I found “Re” used by other members too.

Walter

Walter

I can answer the 're' bit for you. It is a shortened version of the latin in re meaning "in the matter of". Also it is used as a shortened version of "regarding".

As far as the size of images in Object Editor, I found that I needed to do the sizing and shaping in Photoshop to suit my needs. A matter of trial and error. Hopefully there may be another way. We will have to wait and see.

Ron [uK]