WnSoft Forums

Wav recording limited to one minute!

isabel95

So...now what do I do...I can't record anything from the Fantom that's longer than one minute as a wav file. That's a limitation Microsoft put into the Sound Recorder. The Santa Cruz software seems to be geared towards midi. Tried shutting off all the other things like wave, mike, etc. Still the hissing noise. My dear husband is going to take another look inside the computer and see where the card is.

Isabel

So...now what do I do...I can't record anything from the Fantom that's longer than one minute as a wav file. That's a limitation Microsoft put into the Sound Recorder. The Santa Cruz software seems to be geared towards midi. Tried shutting off all the other things like wave, mike, etc. Still the hissing noise. My dear husband is going to take another look inside the computer and see where the card is.

Isabel

Progress Report

One of the trial programs that came with the Santa Cruz card was "Audio Surgeon", and that seems to be an application I need to record a wav file of over 1 minute in length. I registered and got a registration number which, of course, the program says is invalid, so I'm waiting to hear from Voyetra's tech support about that glitch. Meanwhile I will try to make sense of the User Guide. One thing that appealed to me was the utility to "remove hiss". Before I move my card for the second time perhaps this will work. (Yeah...I know it won't be that easy).

I hope someone besides me is finding this saga useful!

Isabel

Isabel, as to wav recording without any limitation, you can use Audacity, an interesting free audio editor/recorder (1.2.0-pre3 is very good).

I wonder at your problems with Santa Cruz card. As far as I know, all sound cards of this firm are at least very good, and the software too.

Keep us up to date!

Isabel, as to wav recording without any limitation, you can use Audacity, an interesting free audio editor/recorder (1.2.0-pre3 is very good).

I wonder at your problems with Santa Cruz card. As far as I know, all sound cards of this firm are at least very good, and the software too.

Keep us up to date!

I just bought Audio Surgeon 5 from Voyetra*...looks like it will be good as soon as I iron out the fact that it won't accept my registration number! I do have Audacity too but afraid that I don't understand it very well. For %29.95 Audio Surgeon seems to have lots of features. People interested in checking it out can download the pdf manual here: http://www.voyetra.com/site/products/audiosurgeon/

Isabel

*a trial version came with the Santa Cruz card.