WnSoft Forums

Difference Standard and Deluxe version. Help Please

ale53

Hello everyone,

I have a question I am asking myself for some time (I have PTE DELUXE since version 5.5.2, and I have continued to update the program every two years), but still I don’t understand the difference between the version DELUXE -that costs more- and the STANDARD version (which costs less) but it did not need to be updated every two years (and I don’t see more as listed to purchase).

If I no longer had the ability to update PTE (which I do not think it will ever happen, TOO BEAUTIFUL AND FUNCTIONAL PROGRAM AS), I would still be able to use it to create and burn DVDs of my slideshow?

I would be very grateful if a moderator explain to me good ideas.

Thanks in advance for your answers and again thanks to Igor and all the programmers for the excellent program they have created.

P.S. I have done already purchase two of my friends two verioni PTE, by having them positive feedback pier program.

Ale 53.

Hi Ale,

The Deluxe portion of PTE is what is called "Video Builder." Video Builder allows you to automatically upload your videos to Youtube and Facebook, output videos suitable for many portable devices (iPhone, iPad, etc), make high definition videos (HD Videos) in mp4 h.264 format and output AVI videos automatically using an included built-in codec (code/decode), output Native MacIntosh executable code and burn DVD's.

These features which you have today will not stop working when your two year renewal date comes and as long as you continue to use the version of PTE which you now have nothing will ever change. However, as time passes, new features are being added to Video Builder and these new features will only work with the then "current version" of PTE. By "current version" I mean you now have version 7.5.x and Video Builder as it is now, will "always" work with 7.5.x (the x represents, for example 7.5.2, 7.5.3, 7.5.4, etc.),

So, say in a year from now when PTE version 8 is released and you upgrade free, everything which is not associated with Video Builder will continue to work, but if your Video Builder version has expired, the parts of Video Builder associated with version 8 will not work until you pay for the upgrade. Version 7.5x and Version 7.5x Video Builder will continue to work as it always has with Version 7.5x of PTE.

Without Video Builder at all (if you didn't purchase the deluxe version of PTE), you can still create AVI files and Windows Exe files, but you must manually choose the codecs for AVI and it is more difficult for some than the automated way with Video Builder. However, without Video Builder, you can't output MP4 h.264 so you can't output HD videos or videos which will work with portable devices and you can't create MacIntosh Native exe output. You can still add videos to your shows and output Windows exe files which will play those videos, but you can't create high definition video versions of your PTE show or versions compatible with portable devices. Hopefully I haven't missed anything, but welcome any comments or "corrections" to my assumptions about the upgrade path.

Best regards,

Lin

quote name='ale53' timestamp='1359466233' post='105218']

Hello everyone,

I have a question I am asking myself for some time (I have PTE DELUXE since version 5.5.2, and I have continued to update the program every two years), but still I don't understand the difference between the version DELUXE -that costs more- and the STANDARD version (which costs less) but it did not need to be updated every two years (and I don't see more as listed to purchase).

If I no longer had the ability to update PTE (which I do not think it will ever happen, TOO BEAUTIFUL AND FUNCTIONAL PROGRAM AS), I would still be able to use it to create and burn DVDs of my slideshow?

I would be very grateful if a moderator explain to me good ideas.

Thanks in advance for your answers and again thanks to Igor and all the programmers for the excellent program they have created.

P.S. I have done already purchase two of my friends two verioni PTE, by having them positive feedback pier program.

Ale 53.

Thanks Thank you for reply Lin,

I'm sorry but the PTE Standard version is still on the market, since I could not see for the download?

So now if I did not have more to upgrade the PTE DELUXE (currently I have version 7.5.4), I could continue to use Video Builder without any problems?

Sorry for my stubbornness.

Thanks again

Ale 53

Hi Ale,

Yes, you can continue to use Video Builder as it is presently implemented in Version 7.5.4 forever. Only if there is a new version of Video Builder after your present expiration date and you upgrade PTE to that new version which uses the new version of Video Builder which you have not paid for would there be a problem. Your Version 7.5.4 and the version of Video Builder associated with it will "always" work just as it works now.

New customers can apparently only purchase the deluxe version now, but customers who purchased PTE before Video Builder was an option can upgrade for a reduced price to get the latest Video Builder along with the Free For Life latest version of standard PTE.

In other words, the new features of PTE which are not part of Video Builder are and will always be free for life upgrades, but if you want to use Video Builder WITH THE NEW VERSIONS OF PTE after your expiration date of Video Builder, you will have to pay for the upgrade of Video Builder. Your paid for version will never quit working as it is right now. Only after the expiration date, newer versions will not work with newer versions of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin