WnSoft Forums

New short presentation - "Progress"

isabel95

After much mental gymnastics and the help of Al and Mark of this forum I finally managed to record a short piece of music from my keyboard. I picked out a few of my manipulated images to accompany the music. Recording this little piece of music was difficult...just knowing that the record button is pressed is enough to make me very nervous! I haven't really practiced for over a year and it shows...if you are interested in recording your own music you can follow my struggles in the PicturesToExe Forums section! I made the presentation mainly to show Al and Mark that the time they put into helping me wasn't wasted!

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Very nice done, I like it more than your cats show. With you playing yourself this show becomes more unique than ever. For the images I like especially the 2nd and 3rd image.

Also the compliments from my wife.

:) keep on going!

Michel Verhoef

Hi Isabel,

Very nice done, I like it more than your cats show. With you playing yourself this show becomes more unique than ever. For the images I like especially the 2nd and 3rd image.

Also the compliments from my wife.

:) keep on going!

Michel Verhoef

Thank you Michel. I realized after I uploaded it that one transition remained that I didn't want. All I like is fade in/fade out...so I uploaded it again.

I can't agree with you about liking it better than Louie's show! That is my favorite!...but it was a great accomplishment to get the keyboard recorded.

Now...if I could only get that tune out of my head. I keep hearing it over and over and over!

Isabel

The reason you like your cats show better than your last one is because you are more emotionally involved to your cat-images. This is always a pit-fall for us amateur photographers. I understood this after beeing a member of a photoclub (already some years by now) where one sees and judges photographs of other photographers. From the photographically side of viewing pictures, a good picture of an animal is one of the most difficult things to take, because of the huge competiton in very good animal pictures.

I have learnt that after taking a "good" picture, I put it somewhere visible in my room and watch it for some day's over and over again. In this period I can take some distance from it and if I still like it than, I take it to the public.

By the way..., I hope I did not offend you in speaking of an animal instead of ... your cat.

Keep on the good work :D

Michel Verhoef

The reason you like your cats show better than your last one is because you are more emotionally involved to your cat-images. This is always a pit-fall for us amateur photographers. I understood this after beeing a member of a photoclub (already some years by now) where one sees and judges photographs of other photographers. From the photographically side of viewing pictures, a good picture of an animal is one of the most difficult things to take, because of the huge competiton in very good animal pictures.

I have learnt that after taking a "good" picture, I put it somewhere visible in my room and watch it for some day's over and over again. In this period I can take some distance from it and if I still like it than, I take it to the public.

By the way..., I hope I did not offend you in speaking of an animal instead of ... your cat.

Keep on the good work :D

Michel Verhoef

You didn't offend me at all, Michel. I'm glad you liked "Progress"!

Isabel

After much mental gymnastics and the help of Al and Mark of this forum I finally managed to record a short piece of music from my keyboard. I picked out a few of my manipulated images to accompany the music. Recording this little piece of music was difficult...just knowing that the record button is pressed is enough to make me very nervous! I haven't really practiced for over a year and it shows...if you are interested in recording your own music you can follow my struggles in the PicturesToExe Forums section! I made the presentation mainly to show Al and Mark that the time they put into helping me wasn't wasted!

Isabel

...and with the suggestion of Guido, I downloaded the latest beta version of Audacity and was able to slow down the music (which I played way too fast)! Reuploaded it!

Isabel