WnSoft Forums

Saving soundtrack (SOLVED)

snapcam

I'm working on a sequence soundtrack in Audition and saved as MP3 7MINS 25 SECS long.

It saves and plays in windows at 7.mins 25 secs.

When I bring it into PTE it is only 7mins 01 secs.

I then saved as WAV and it comes into PTE at correct length.

Never had this before.

Tried in vers. 7 and 7.5 What am I doing wrong.

Snapcam

Snapcam,

It may not be that you are doing something wrong.

Could be down to part/all of your soundtrack. I'm guessing you have downloaded audio as opposed to ripping,from say a CD.

A constant bit rate download should be that and pose no problems,but I have heard of it not always being the case.Could be something screwed up in the streaming download/encoding.Maybe its a variable bit rate stream that makes the mp3 player/software throw a wobbler.

Can you try an alternative source,like a CD?

Davy

Snapcam,

It may not be that you are doing something wrong.

Could be down to part/all of your soundtrack. I'm guessing you have downloaded audio as opposed to ripping,from say a CD.

A constant bit rate download should be that and pose no problems,but I have heard of it not always being the case.Could be something screwed up in the streaming download/encoding.Maybe its a variable bit rate stream that makes the mp3 player/software throw a wobbler.

Can you try an alternative source,like a CD?

Hello Davy

The music is ripped from CD but there is also a couple of downloaded sound fx.

What puzzles me is that it has saved and plays the correct time. The problem is when it comes into PTE it looses about 20secs.

Snalcam

Snapcam,

I'm guessing it's your sound fx. VBR will work fine as long as all components are encoded the same.

Try saving and tinkering with all files as wav.Convert when done to MP3 when you are happy with the mix.

Don't drop the bitrate too low as most do.Only adds a few mb of space and you will avoid the dreaded MP3 scowl.

Davy

I think we have a result DG.

I had it on CBR but I changed from MP3 to MP3Pro in the settings screen which apparenly compresses less of the frquences.

Ihave tested and it seems fine.

Many thanks again Chaps.

Snapcam :D

Glad that you were able to cure it.

There was a similar post recently where non standard settings had been used and produced the same result. That's why I pointed in that direction.

In Audition I have always used MP3Pro in "Save as Typ" and the settings in Options as follows:

CBR + MP3

128 / 160 / 192 / 256 Kbps @ 44100Hz

Never had a problem with that.

DG