WnSoft Forums

Clip builtin mask parameters

Sometimes i play with the builtin mask parameters 500:500:0:50:50 and directly edit them to fine tune the mask effect.

If i mistake and type something that goes out of range an exception raises. Sometimes it's possible to recover it by undoing the mistake, closing and reopening the O&A editor but sometimes PTE enters into an exception loop that requires a task manager kill.

I think it can be useful to clip entered parameters to the maximum available range to avoid this annoying error.

Greetings! Umberto

Umberto,

I cannot replicate this - can you be specific about the settings which produce the result you report?

If I enter figures greater than 512x512 the result is still a 512x512 mask (without an exception error).

Do you agree that the "slider controls" are "clipped"?

DG

Umberto,

I cannot replicate this - can you be specific about the settings which produce the result you report?

If I enter figures greater than 512x512 the result is still a 512x512 mask (without an exception error).

Do you agree that the "slider controls" are "clipped"?

DG

Yes Dave, i agree that the slider controls are all correctly clipped.

But i'm not referring to the mask creation dialog. I'm referring to the "after-creation" management.

You know, you can access the mask parameters also by the properties panel. It's a really handy shortcut to manage the mask parameters without building new masks until you reach the desired result. Too bad from the properties panel it's possible to screw the editor.

One first solution is to set the field as read only, but i think it's really useful being able to change the parameters directly from here.

Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

Greetings! Umberto

post-6394-0-54612900-1360063201_thumb.jp

Hi Umberto,

Trying to change the figures in the way that you show does indeed produce an assertion error.

If you click on the folder dropdown instead it takes you back to the mask dialogue where any changes made do not produce the Assertion Error.

Perhaps it would be best to not have the parameters in the Properties box or, as you say, make it read only.

DG

Hi Umberto,

Trying to change the figures in the way that you show does indeed produce an assertion error.

If you click on the folder dropdown instead it takes you back to the mask dialogue where any changes made do not produce the Assertion Error.

Perhaps it would be best to not have the parameters in the Properties box or, as you say, make it read only.

DG

You may not believe it, but i never tried to click the folder dropdown because i tought it was file related!

Thank you for your clarification!

Under this condition, better to make the field read only in case of builtin mask.

Thank you! Umberto

Umberto,

Sometimes it's a file, if you have a custom mask, not the default presets 'circle' and 'rectangle'. So, there is a complication: an icon have to change between 'file open' and 'wrench' each time you replace a mask.

But I'll think about it. Thanks for suggestion.

Artem

Umberto,

Sometimes it's a file, if you have a custom mask, not the default presets 'circle' and 'rectangle'. So, there is a complication: an icon have to change between 'file open' and 'wrench' each time you replace a mask.

But I'll think about it. Thanks for suggestion.

Artem

Yes, I was suggesting exactly this behavior: a wrench if it's something "builtin" and the open folder icon if it's a file. It should be more intuitive.

Greetings! Umberto