WnSoft Forums

Autorun File

George Holland

Hi, George,

Welcome to the PTE Forum!

The easiest way is to create a text file called "autorun.inf" by adding the following two lines in "Notepad" or other text editor:

[autorun]

open=MyShow.exe

where "MyShow.exe" is the name of your slide show (including pathname, if in a different folder).

Then you save this text file as "autorun.inf" to the root of your CD.

Then you save this text file as "autorun.inf" to the root of your CD.

Al,

First thanks for making a great tutorial, it made me buy PTE and it helps me a lot to understand the possibilities of it. My question is this: [Then you save this text file as "autorun.inf" to the root of your CD.] :huh:

But how do you do that? If I save a program to CD using Roxio, where do I find the "root" of the CD. Is that the same place where it says "add" the program to be copied? And do I type in "autorun.inf"?

Bert,

The root is the main starting area of the CD where you would add files and folders. All I meant was not to put it in a separate folder.

To add it with Roxio, create it first on your hard drive in some folder, perhaps. Then find it in Roxio, click on it once to highlight it, then click on "Add" to add it to the list of files to be "burned" to the CD. Then add the slide show file in the same way, and run the Roxio program to "burn" the CD.