WnSoft Forums

*.PTE text file format

Is any information available about the format of the PTE text file for manually editing the file in a text editor?

I think that after I initially load all of my images and corresponding sounds files into PTE and save to PTE file, it might be less time-consuming for me to set the start positions and durations for the images and sounds by editing the PTE file rather than by adjusting through the PTE user GUI (especially because I can write a script that will automatically edit the PTE).

e.g., I would like to write a script that takes each music track item, inserts a fixed pause time (delay) in front of the object, reads the object duration, and then sets the duration of the corresponding slide to equal the audio duration+ audio delay.

But I haven't figured out how the PTE file represents this information, other than the audio duration. I've been able to change the pause time for audio objects where the PTE file already had a nonzero pause, but it did not seem to work right when I inserted a pause in the text file that did not already exist.

And I have no idea how the slide start time position or slide duration are represented.

Thanks,

Scott

sds

There is no user information available on this. Editing the pte file directly is tricky for normal users and best left alone. It takes time and patience for knowledgeable users to understand its inner workings. Those that proceed to manually edit ... work at their own risk of success or failure.

And I have no idea how the slide start time position or slide duration are represented

I can get you started. Under the MAIN section (about 100 lines down) you will find these KEY values for each slide.

Example:

opt_synch_count=5

opt_synchpos1=5000

opt_synchpos2=6000

opt_synchpos3=14000

opt_synchpos4=15000

opt_synchpos5=22000

opt_synchpos6=32500

opt_synch_pointscount=6