WnSoft Forums

A Scottish Journey

Ray,

A delightful show with captivating images. Well done. Scotland... such beauty at every turn, and you have allowed the viewer to see much of that beauty through your show. Thanks for sharing !

Regards,

Bill

Thank you Bill, I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Ray,

A delightful show with captivating images. Well done. Scotland... such beauty at every turn, and you have allowed the viewer to see much of that beauty through your show. Thanks for sharing !

Regards,

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

Ray

When I saw the length of the show, I hesitated before downloading because IMO a 12 minute show has to be something special to hold an audience for that length of time.

Whilst I thought most of the photography was very good, there were too many similar shots & halfway through I was ready to hit the escape key. IMO you should ditch the "only just good enough" shots & some of the similar scenes & cut it down by half. A voice over of someone reading Burns would have also added to it & a little variation of transitions & transition times would also make it stand out. Don't get disheartened, this is just my opinion.

Yachtsman1.

Ray, that was a truly superb show. Excellent photography, perfect exposures. The music was great too. Now I may be a bit biased being a Scotsman, but I was captivated to that for the full length.

I loved the slow transitions and was so glad you didn't go for bells and whistles. A wee bit more info would have been nice either in your text above or on a credits slide...where, when etc. The misty cloud shots are gorgeous, as were the rays of light shots. Listening to a VO droning on would have ruined that. I simply drifted away into the landscape. This ones a keeper.

I do a lot of shows to clubs etc. and they apprecieate this type of show with slow fades. I don't like gimmicky fades anyway. But as you say it's your opinion and I like getting feedback good or bad.

Ray

When I saw the length of the show, I hesitated before downloading because IMO a 12 minute show has to be something special to hold an audience for that length of time.

Whilst I thought most of the photography was very good, there were too many similar shots & halfway through I was ready to hit the escape key. IMO you should ditch the "only just good enough" shots & some of the similar scenes & cut it down by half. A voice over of someone reading Burns would have also added to it & a little variation of transitions & transition times would also make it stand out. Don't get disheartened, this is just my opinion.

Yachtsman1.

Many Thanks.

Ray, that was a truly superb show. Excellent photography, perfect exposures. The music was great too. Now I may be a bit biased being a Scotsman, but I was captivated to that for the full length.

I loved the slow transitions and was so glad you didn't go for bells and whistles. A wee bit more info would have been nice either in your text above or on a credits slide...where, when etc. The misty cloud shots are gorgeous, as were the rays of light shots. Listening to a VO droning on would have ruined that. I simply drifted away into the landscape. This ones a keeper.

Hi Ray,

Just 12 mins 50 secs of brilliant photography that was just awe inspiring. As someone who has pretentions of being a landscape photographer I found that to be a masterclass. I hope I can get somewhere close on my upcoming trip to the Lake District it certainly has given me in ispiration.

Thanks Mick. You cannot help being inspired by these wonderful places. I hope you are blessed with good weather and good light.

Hi Ray,

Just 12 mins 50 secs of brilliant photography that was just awe inspiring. As someone who has pretentions of being a landscape photographer I found that to be a masterclass. I hope I can get somewhere close on my upcoming trip to the Lake District it certainly has given me in ispiration.

Hi Ray,

I don't normally like long AVs, there are exceptions to every rule, and I found your AV an exception, I agree with you only using fades, the whole point of this AV was the exceptional photography and I must congratulate you, I must admit that I was envious from the first image to the last. Very well done.

Don Foster

Hi Ray,

As a frequent visitor to Scotland in the past, the sequence brought back fond memories of the beautiful landscape to be seen there. The photography was outstanding accompanied by an excellent choice of music skilfully mixed down. I liked the large format size to show the quality of the images and good slow dissolves. In theory this AV is too long but you have proved theory is not always correct. If I have got to find something wrong then the verticals were a distraction and there is one picture towards the end that has a white line on the right edge. Great AV – thanks for sharing.

Regards, Roger.

Thanks Roger. I have now corrected the slide with the vertical line. There is always something you miss.

Hi Ray,

As a frequent visitor to Scotland in the past, the sequence brought back fond memories of the beautiful landscape to be seen there. The photography was outstanding accompanied by an excellent choice of music skilfully mixed down. I liked the large format size to show the quality of the images and good slow dissolves. In theory this AV is too long but you have proved theory is not always correct. If I have got to find something wrong then the verticals were a distraction and there is one picture towards the end that has a white line on the right edge. Great AV – thanks for sharing.

Regards, Roger.