WnSoft Forums

Recover pictures from a presentation

madeleinetg

My mother sent me a cd with pictures on it which she created with the PICTURES TO EXE Application.

Unfortunaly however, her hard drive has crashed since then. Now, all I have is this CD with the presentation but I do not have the picture files which I desperately need so I can process and share those pictures with my family.

How can I reverse the process or extract the picture files from the cd presentation created with Picture to Exe? I have been able to use the CAPTUREWIZ Application to capture the screen shots. What I am seeking however is some type of application or program that will extract the complete .jpgs from the presentation. The captureWIZ allows me to capture the screen shots but because it is only a screen shot, the resolution is not adequate for printing.

Twiggy

mg@orlandoacc.com

Twiggy,

Welcome!

This subject has come up several times, and one of our members has created a utility just for that purpose. You can find more information about it in this thread:

Boxig's utility

Regarding printing, though, the qualilty of the prints is dependent on the quality of the images used for the show. Even if you still had the original images, the printed photos might not be any better than those from a screen capture program such as the utility mentioned above.