WnSoft Forums

Pans shimmer why?

kas

I created a slide show with numerous pans. The slide show is set to 16:9. the picture size is 1920 x1080 at 30 frames per...The quality is 75.

I created an avi with Pictures toexe. I did not add any sound yet.

When I play it back on my computer with an I7 processor and mid level radon card, it plays perfectly using the default player.

However, when I take the AVI file and use Cyberlink Power Director to create a dvd for the

tv, even with both set to 30 frames per, the pans sort of shimmer when played on the TV. which is HD, especially the dark colors, when the pans are moving. The non-moving slides are perfect. I have experimented with the Cyberlink product settings, and nothing changes.

I have made other slide shows with earlier versions of Pictures toexe and there was not this shimmer or at least it was not this noticeable and distracting.

I did notice that when creating the AVI, the frame rate varied during the rendering when it got to a fade or a pan. Otherwise it was steady at about 30 frames per. Is this normal?

Any suggestions to get rid of the shimmer?

I have tried using both linear and smooth for the pans. There is not difference in the shimmer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kas,

Creating a HD Video (MP4) directly to TV is your best option as Dave suggests. Conversion or transcoding processes can usually degrade the original video to varying degrees depending on the output format.

The slide show is set to 16:9. the picture size is 1920 x1080 at 30 frames per...The quality is 75.

Whenever converting or transcoding a video to some other format ... its best the original video is of the highest quality possible. You are using 75 quality original and converting to DVD with Cyberlink.

Is that a Standard DVD or a HD Bluray DVD?

However, when I take the AVI file and use Cyberlink Power Director to create a dvd for the

tv, even with both set to 30 frames per, the pans sort of shimmer when played on the TV

Are you maintaing 30p (progressive) output with Cyberlink. If interlaced output ... your "shimmer" result could be what is known as

interlace-interline twitter. See link about interline twitter info.

Interlaced video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interline_twitter#Interline_twitter