WnSoft Forums

Distortion of aspect Ratio

tc_leeds

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me. I have produced a sequence using images of 5" x 7" and 7" x 5" and made a DVD of this sequence. Unfortunately when viewed on the television the images are stretched and squashed to fill the screen.

I have set the sequence project options for the aspect ratio to 3 x 2 which is as near 7 x 5 as I can get and have tried the "Fix Size Of Slide " both checked and unchecked. Neither has solved the problem.

When running on the PC there is no problem. Am I missing something or is this a common problem?

Many thanks

Tony

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me. I have produced a sequence using images of 5" x 7" and 7" x 5" and made a DVD of this sequence. Unfortunately when viewed on the television the images are stretched and squashed to fill the screen.

I have set the sequence project options for the aspect ratio to 3 x 2 which is as near 7 x 5 as I can get and have tried the "Fix Size Of Slide " both checked and unchecked. Neither has solved the problem.

When running on the PC there is no problem. Am I missing something or is this a common problem?

Many thanks

Tony

Hi Tony

If you have a modern flat screen TV it will have settable aspect ratios, sounds like yours could be set at auto where it automatically fills the screen, well it does on mine. Check your TV manual & look at its native aspect ratio, could be 16-9 or 16-10 set the AR of your slides to match & leave fix size of slide in project options, un-ticked.

Yachtsman1

Superimpose your images on a 16:9 Project and you'll have the Black Bars on the sides.

Use 1080 Pixel High images at whatever aspect you want but place them into a 16:9 - 1920x1080 Project.

When you make your DVD and play it on the TV it will maintain the 16:9 AR without distortion - on ANY TV (not just yours) without adjustment of TV settings.

You might then lose some of your images top and bottom due to TV Safe zone.

If you want to compensate for that use 90-92% of Slide to show Main Image in Project Options / Defaults to cure this.

DG

Hi Yatchsman & Davegee,

Many thanks for your replies. I have followed Davegee's instructions and this has resolved the issue. It is not often I need to produce a DVD and have previously lived with the problem, however on this occasion I am sending the DVD to someone else and really wanted it to show correctly on his TV.

Where would we be without the forum. Thank you again for your assistance it is appreciated.

All the best

Tony