WnSoft Forums

Creating a VCD with PTE and Flash

jopo

THis is my first posting since I purchased PTE. I have learned a lot over the past months reading all of the posts about PTE and it's many features. I'm hoping someone can help with my latest frustration.

I have used flash in PTE shows with no problems. I can create a PTE show to play on the computer and then copy the show to a CD for use in other computers. I now want to put the show on a VCD. However when I try to encode to create a VCD the flash animation does not appear. I assume that another encoding or process is needed. Can anyone suggest a means of accomplishing this? Hopefully without spending money on an additional program.

I am using the latest beta #7 of PTE and Swish-lite to create the .swf file.

Thanks.

Joe

Joe,

Michel is correct. PTE wont include your Flash files in the avi encoding process. So "what you see is not what you get".

All third party or external files you use/run in your Show are not actually part of PTE. They are just other programs PTE is accessing thru its "run external application" command functions.

The third party or external files need to be encoded separately and joined some way to your PTE Show. Not a easy task to achieve ... especially if your Flash files run "within" the PTE Show itself.

One way, with the proper hardware and software, you may be able to "capture your entire screen" to produce/process this to video. Performance and quality will all be directly relative to the capture and encoding processes used ... as PTEs avi encoding does not play a role here. To perform such a "screen capture" your PTE show should be created as a executable (exe).

Guest Techman1

Hello,

Although PTE may not handle this, you can use Swish to save your file as an AVI file instead of the SWF file. Then you would need to merge your AVI files (possibly) to then be burned onto your VCD/SVCD. Although I haven't tried this personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Give it a try and please let us know. Good luck!

Fred