WnSoft Forums

New Show

Barnston1

Spent ten days on the Greek island of Kefalonia in May this year. A small track at the back of the village had more flowers and butterflies than I've ever seen anywhere in one place. 'Road to Nowhere' was the result

The link is below - comments welcome

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kxd9184klva06n6/Road_to_Nowhere.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful show! I'll disagree with Ken that you were "lucky" to get those macro shots. I know how difficult it can be to get LIVE OUTDOOR macros even when there is a plethora of subjects. Could you tell us what equipment you used? I'm going to guess you used a tripod and a dedicated macro lens.........

Hi

Thanks for the kind comments, With regard to equipment I was using a Canon 60d with a secondhand Sigma 105 macro and for the ant shots I inserted a 12mm auto extension tube. I'm afraid tripods and I don't always get along, so these were all hand held, for the ants I was flat on the floor resting my elbows so it was pretty stable but I ditched a lot of shot

Regards

Argonaut user_popup.png

I said he was lucky because i cant get down like i used to -- age and health -- i loved doing macro -in my 35mm days, i had a 55 mm cw extension , a 105 mm c/w extension and a bellows so i know how hard it is to get clear/sharp shots

the last time i got down to ground level to shoot a sports car, i slipped and broke my flash off the hot shoe trying to get up(

when i could not do the things i liked i found this fella's work and could only dream)

http://www.mplonsky.com/photo/

ken