WnSoft Forums

Audacity 2.0.4 released

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

New version of Audacity the free sound editing software has been released, it can be downloaded here.http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

If you haven't used it before, you need to also download the additional plug ins to produce MP3 tracks & edit video sound.

Yachtsman1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Just received this email "After release of Audacity 2.0.4 , we have had reports that in some rare cases Audacity 2.0.4 has issues starting up on Windows, or cannot import files on OS X. We're working on these problems. To report or get help with these issues, please email us."

Which is a real coincidence, since returning from our holiday & starting to edit our pictures I reached the stage where I was ready to chuck my PC on the tip as I thought it had come to the end of its life. The symptoms I was getting was freezing, Blue screen of death, & every malfunction imaginable plus an error message saying a piece of software recently installed could be causing the problems, never twigged it could be Audacity, now I'm wondering. I tried all the usual fixes, restore, full scan & clean out & various others, this went on for 3 or 4 days. One of the errors I was getting related to my browser IE9, which I had hung onto as I'd heard of problems with IE10. Eventually I rolled over, installed IE10 & an MS patch called PC Repair Man, bingo, touch wood all's been well for the last week, in fact the system seems better than before, (W7 SP1 64bit Professional)

Anyone else installed the new Audacity & had problems?

Yachtsman1.

• 1 month later...