WnSoft Forums

"Wells Cathedral"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

It's over 50 years since I visited Wells Cathedral, all I can remember of the visit is the famous clock. Details of the show are as the first, with the following changes.

File size 26MB, from which you may deduce, there is no video. I did take one video of the clock doing its thing, but after the comments on other videos in the series, decided to leave it out. 56 slides, run time 8 minutes. 3 music tracks, 1 short voice over. That's about it.

Yachtsman1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uyvwvgngotpoak0/Wells_Cathedral.zip

Eric

perfect voice over

perfect exposure

perfect zooms

perfect transitions

full ws c/w manual control

would like to see a date

would like to have seen the video

when I was a lot younger a not half cripple, I loved to do close ups of flowers -- I learned to hold my breath and shoot as many shots as possible till I had to breathe

-if no tripod was available- I used the same trick in video -- practice

-- this week i gave away my large copy stand and my 2 vhs video cameras

amazing documentary

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

perfect voice over

perfect exposure

perfect zooms

perfect transitions

full ws c/w manual control

would like to see a date

would like to have seen the video

when I was a lot younger a not half cripple, I loved to do close ups of flowers -- I learned to hold my breath and shoot as many shots as possible till I had to breathe

-if no tripod was available- I used the same trick in video -- practice

-- this week i gave away my large copy stand and my 2 vhs video cameras

amazing documentary

ken

Ken

Thank you, however I did use a mono pod for the clock video, but if you'd ever been there you'd know how difficult it is to get a shot of the clock, loads of tourists milling about waiting for the 1/4 hour when the clock performs its antics. I was sat on a form in front of the clock 10 minutes before strike time with no one in front of me, by the time 2 minutes to the 1/4 arrived I had a multitude in front of me, so all my prep' went out the window as I fought my way to the front, I missed the striking & only got the horsemen, maybe in another 50 years :P/> i'll try again. I'm sure if you check YouTube it'll be on there. The date was the 4th September.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Eric,

We haven't spoken for a while.

Really enjoyed your sequence. Very nice flow thorough.

Excellent photography particularly the first few images .They look almost 3D.

I was going to ask about tripod but I see you mention a monopod.

Were the first images HDR.

SNAPCAM

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Snapcam

Glad you liked the show. The first few images were my wife's, taken with a 4 year old Nikon D40 with a Nikon 18-105 lens. I haven't used HDR for a while. It's like anything else you try it but if you use it too often it becomes monotonous so I've left it alone for now. The one picture that does stand out ( cathedral front)I played around with in Elements, probaly increasing the colour saturation, there's also one inside of one of the altars with a picture to the left, that I took with the FZ150, that again I took some time getting the best out of it. Luckily it was a bright day and the ambient lighting wasn't bad in the couple of hours we were there. We only scratched the surface, not going into the undercroft & other areas where photography isn't permitted. The only shots I took with the monopod were the scissor arch & a video of the clock which I cocked up as I explained in an earlier post.

Thanks for looking :)/>/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hello Eric

I agree with all Ken'comments.

The voice is very intelligible and clear and it is easy to understand and to follow even for a stranger not specialy familiarized with english.

Photos are of very good quality considering the difficulties inherent to interior shots!

The mix of wide angled photos and details images is excellent.

This cathedral is superb and has something very "aerial" in his structure.

Such a photographic "visit" is always a difficult exercice. You did a very interesting one.

Regards

Patrick