WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Upload to youtube causes error

Robert Bernal

Hi, just bought this awesome program. Saved to exe and screen saver, no problem.

However, when I tried to save my project as an avi file, it blue screened the computer. So I turned on my computer and tried to upload to YouTube and it did it again. The error report said something like I need direct x 9 (forgot to save it). I'm not sure what exactly to do.

Anyways, I like the 3d functions, as I can make a plane (frame) cause moving text to do just about anything. I know that I am just starting to appreciate this program (just not old computers!)...

EDIT: After checking out the website, I seen that direct x 9 or newer is needed. So now I will try to install that...

EDIT: I installed direct x 9 from softwarepatch.com ... DXSETUP and even restarted the computer. STILL it blue screened!

So this program is only good for .exe, not for making video files on this computer.

How do I check to see if my friend's computer has "direct x 9"?

EDIT (again) After starting up the old computer, the error report actually sent me to a Microsoft page which said this... "Upgrade your Display Adapter

This problem occurred because your video card doesn't support the required version of DirectX. This version of Windows requires a video card that supports DirectX 9.0 or newer."

So, now, I guess I'm asking what video card to use... or is it a "display adapter"? I'm confused...

Thanks!

And I can't seem to get an answer from the microsoft page...

go to

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

download the free program -- run it

then copy and paste your computer specs into this thread - win ver, graphics card etc

as shown in this thread

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16837-strange-lines/page__view__findpost__p__111755

this will give us a better idea as to what your system is and will help in giving advice

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

go to

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

download the free program -- run it

then copy and paste your computer specs into this thread - win ver, graphics card etc

as shown in this thread

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16837-strange-lines/page__view__findpost__p__111755

this will give us a better idea as to what your system is and will help in giving advice

ken

Hi Ken

That's a hell of a programme, just tried it & it was like going for a full body scan. However it mentioned I needed to update my Apple Quicktime, which I didn't know came from Apple. It also gave me a score of .6 out of 10 for security even though MSE is up to date :unsure:/> :unsure:/> :unsure:/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric

I have mentioned it many times

but because it is free

oh well glad it showed you what you have

I have not used the features for quite a while where you click a program and it takes you to its folder

one of those KISS proggies that slip by))))))))))))

ken

Hi Ken,

I believe this may help...

Thanks!

Operating System System Model

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

Installed: 11/18/2008 2:34:12 PM Dell Inc. Dell DV051

System Service Tag: 48KQ8B1 (support for this PC)

Chassis Serial Number: 48KQ8B1

Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

16 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Hyper-threaded (2 total) Board: Dell Inc. 0JC474

Serial Number: ..

Bus Clock: 800 megahertz

BIOS: Dell Inc. A04 04/04/2006

Drives Memory Modules c,d

79.99 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

15.48 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8801 [Optical drive]

TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H352C [Optical drive]

WDC WD800JD-75MSA3 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAM9X164313, rev 10.01E04, SMART Status: Healthy 504 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM_1' has 256 MB

Slot 'DIMM_2' has 256 MB (serial number 041CB727)

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 79.99 GB 15.48 GB free

Network Drives

None discovered

Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers

local user accounts last logon

Guest 8/5/2010 8:33:03 AM

Robert 10/11/2013 7:44:33 AM (admin)

local system accounts

Administrator never (admin)

ASPNET never

HelpAssistant never

SUPPORT_388945a0 never

DISABLED Marks a disabled account; LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account

Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port:

Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort:

Controllers Display

Intel® 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2652

Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F

Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)

Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family [Display adapter]

Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n HA19H9NL841749, August 2006)

Bus Adapters Multimedia

Intel® 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658

Intel® 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659

Intel® 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A

Intel® 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B

Intel® 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Virus Protection [back to Top] Group Policies

No details available None discovered

Communications Other Devices

Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem

↓ Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Dhcp Server: 10.10.1.1

Physical Address: 00:16:76:7B:3E:BD

↑ NETGEAR WG111v3 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.6 / 24

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.1

Physical Address: 00:1E:2A:42:6A:C6

Networking Dns Server: 192.168.1.1

USB Human Interface Device (2x)

HID Keyboard Device

HID-compliant mouse

USB Root Hub (5x)

USB Storage Use in past 30 Days (mouse over last used for details) Hosted Virtual Machines (mouse over name for details)

None discovered None discovered

Tom, It says I installed the computer in 2008.

I have successfully uploaded a project from (a trial copy of) Proshow gold, so there should be no reason that it is "too old" to make videos. It even deals with an extensive audio program called Magik music maker. I dabbled with various different trial versions (with no problems!) but actually bought this one (because it's better).

I shouldn't have to buy another computer... But then again, I can't figure out the graphics card problem , either. Can't I just install one?

Guest Yachtsman1

Trust what Tom says, your PC is way past its sell by date for the current version of PTE. You may get an earlier version to work, which you can download free from WNsoft but I doubt if you could use the first video function series to work successfully. I may be upgrading shortly & my PC was a high spec 3 years ago.

Yachtsman1.

fireofenergy

Perform a "Direct X Diagnostic Report" of your PC. This will tell you the needed specifics of your installed Direct X version and video specs/drivers.

*Can you produce an AVI File using Publish | AVI File and play it without issues ?

*Can you produce an MP4 File using Publish | HD Video and play it without issues ?

I would not expect too much from this old PC other than using basic PTE features and functions. Please post your saved DXDiag report. Your Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Display adapter is somewhat comparable to the GMA 900 features.

PTE makes extensive use of the GPU (Graphical Processin Unit - or "Video Card"). If you have an open slot available on your PCI bus, you can install a much, much more powerful GPU by getting one of the newer ones which support the needed version of Direct X and don't require a six pin or four pin power supply cable such as the AMD Radeon HD 6670. This card sells for about $60.

There are issues with trying to "upgrade" an older system with a much less powerful CPU, minimal RAM and usually smaller power supply. To really take advantage of PTE"s powerful features, a reasonably powerful computer is a huge plus. Creating Videos with an older system with a less powerful CPU and GPU is a very slow process. With upgraded hardware it's much quicker and much less problematic.

You definitely will experience a huge gain with an upgraded GPU, but be advised that you "may" end up also replacing your power supply depending on what you have in your present system. The question is whether your money would better be spent on a more modern system. Here are other considerations. Your report reveals that your hard disk is small to begin with and is now perilously low on storage capacity. This means you probably will be needing an upgraded hard drive soon. If you upgrade your hard disk then you probably will need to totally re-install Windows and it's a pretty big job to get all the application software back and working correctly. So consider the costs involved in potentially and new hard drive, an upgraded video card, possibly a new power supply and re-installing Windows with all updates versus even purchasing a used, but upgraded computer.

These are just the things to consider.

Best regards,

Lin

Tom, It says I installed the computer in 2008.

I have successfully uploaded a project from (a trial copy of) Proshow gold, so there should be no reason that it is "too old" to make videos. It even deals with an extensive audio program called Magik music maker. I dabbled with various different trial versions (with no problems!) but actually bought this one (because it's better).

I shouldn't have to buy another computer... But then again, I can't figure out the graphics card problem , either. Can't I just install one?

Hi,

Yes, it's the old computer, however, I am uploading the project via my wife's (slightly newer) vista computer. It takes for ever to "render" each frame, but As I said before, the program itself is awesome!

Now I can work on this one (yes, this one has 2.8 gigahertz) and render in the vista...

Can't wait to get a new computer...

Thanks for all the time, and apologies, Tom for me being hasty.