WnSoft Forums

Create problems

Mike Reed

I am running version 4.20 beta 5.

A sequence played in the Customise Synchronisation window runs perfectly when I hit the play button but when I hit Preview it stutters and will not snyc properly. I have tried using the Create button but this still gives a faulty version. An Exe file on Cd also runs defectively. Has anybody any bright ideas as to what is going wrong? I am working on a lap top running Windows XP(home) with 20Gig Hard Drive and 256mb of Ram. The graphics is an ATI Mobility 16mb.

Mike,

Could be that your images are too large (files probably should not be larger than 150 to 200 Kb jpegs). Or perhaps they are too close together. Are you synching via the timeline? Try various file sizes, transition times, and slide duration times until you find something that works on your machine. Also stop any background programs that are running and using up processor resources.

Hi Mike,

I see you say you have 3 or 4 disolves per second? If this is the case it could be the root of your problem. To change images this fast, you should use the "no Effect" option (cut) the disolve takes time to happen, and it is hard to get good disolves less than a second each. In the timeline, you will see a shadow after the transition number. No other transition can be placed within this shadow.

Alan