WnSoft Forums

Audio not in PC executable file

rossb

Yachtsman

Thanks for the quick reply. Answers as follows:

1. PTE vers 7

2. The audio is added as mp3 files via Project Options/Music/Add Music

I have created executable files with sound before but it was on a different computer. This is the first time on my laptop.

Ross

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ross

That all sounds fine, so it's a mystery if the exe in question has sound on another PC? It points to the new PC. There was a case earlier this year where Lennart couldn't hear the voice over, or music on an exe I'd up-loaded to Mediafire, can't remember which. The solution was connected to a stereo/mono problem & external speakers. Other than that I'm s*****d.

Yachtsman1.

Just found the post I mentioned, scroll down to find Lennarts solution, may not be the case but I can't think of anything else.

Ross,

Some audio codecs don't create "proper MP3" files even though the file extension appears as .mp3. That's one possibility. Some audio codecs don't like special characters in the metadata associated with the MP3 file and refuse to recognise the file for what it is. That's another possibility.

Your kind of problem has been reported several times before on the forum. The solution that has been reported before is to take the offending MP3 file into a sound editor program such as Audacity (which is free) and export a new MP3 from that. An alternative would be to install a copy of the latest beta version of PTE (v8.0 beta 5). This has a user-selectable feature to combine all the audio files into a single MP3-format file and embed this MP3 as the soundtrack file in the published EXE file.

regards,

Peter