WnSoft Forums

Sharper or smoother

Hubert

Under Objects and Animation/Properties one has the possibility to choose between "sharper or smoother" (-128 to +128 -100 by default). Is or would it be possible tot set this default value to 0 ?

I'm asking this question because my images are completely finished, including sharpened in PS.

So, at this time, for almost every slide I need to adjust this value manually ! Which is time consuming.

You should (in most cases) work with the default value of -100. I just compared the full screen view of a static image that I presented in PTE at values 0 and -100, and compared the results with IrfanView. At a value of 0 the image is slightly more soft. The slider sharper/smoother is to be used to control the process of mipmapping (anti-shimmering) in case of animations rather than to sharpen/blur static images. See here.

jt

jt49,

Thanks for your reply.

I got a bit confused (growing old !!)

And I overlooked 'Saved and use by default" at the bottom under Properties.

But I got the picture ... Thanks again.

Hubert

And I overlooked 'Saved and use by default" at the bottom under Properties ...

Nevertheless, you should not use 0 as your default. I must admit, the situation looks a bit confusing, and (following common sense) 0 would to be regarded as the standard value. But this is not the case. On the other hand, isn't -100 a fine number anyway :)

jt