WnSoft Forums

Updated MegaVid Icosahedron

Lin Evans

Playing with pushing the limits again folks - A Mega Icosahedron running three thousand four hundred and sixty simultaneous video displays.... Thanks Dave for the Icosahedron !! I just filled it up with videos - LOL

Link - about 96 Meg Zipped Windows Exe

Added two new versions 11/9/13 3620+ individual video displays on rotating icosahedron

Link to new version Windows zipped exe 103 meg

Link to new version MacIntosh - about 104 meg

Lin

HI Tom,

I've been thinking about that! I have some ideas but haven't yet decided the best way to implement them - LOL..

On the Icosahedron, I haven't filled it completely as you might notice on the lower corners of each triangle. I did do one with 3720 video screens (as opposed to the 3460 in the presentation) which had all the "corners" filled with video. But that one was on the ragged edge of my hardware limitations and not completely smooth. I think I will do another and completely fill the confines of the icosahedron but with a few hundred less video screens and higher quality on each.

UPDATE: I created a successful one with 3620 + images which runs smooth as silk... I updated with two new links on the original post... One for Mac and one for Windows...

I'm searching for just the "right" fireplace for a Christmas tree and fireplace animation with rotating icosahedron and cube ornaments. I'm thinking rotating tiny cubes within each face of the main cube ornament and flashing sides for the icosahedron - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

HI Tom,

I've been thinking about that! I have some ideas but haven't yet decided the best way to implement them - LOL..

On the Icosahedron, I haven't filled it completely as you might notice on the lower corners of each triangle. I did do one with 3720 video screens (as opposed to the 3460 in the presentation) which had all the "corners" filled with video. But that one was on the ragged edge of my hardware limitations and not completely smooth. I think I will do another and completely fill the confines of the icosahedron but with a few hundred less video screens and higher quality on each.

UPDATE: I created a successful one with 3620 + images which runs smooth as silk... I updated with two new links on the original post... One for Mac and one for Windows...

I'm searching for just the "right" fireplace for a Christmas tree and fireplace animation with rotating icosahedron and cube ornaments. I'm thinking rotating tiny cubes within each face of the main cube ornament and flashing sides for the icosahedron - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Well, I am feeling very pleased with my 7-year-old Dell laptop. With its nVidia 8600M-GT gpu it ran your show as smooth as. What a hell of a lot of work that show must have been,

Regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

I've got an older desktop still in service which also has an nVidia 8600-GT - not the mobile version - and it runs it smoothly too. I think the 8600 was the first GPU I used to do 3D animations with - pretty good old card for its day for sure.

You know, at our age we have to do something to keep our minds occupied so senility doesn't creep up on us - HA! Making these fantasy shows is lots of fun for me so I don't mind putting in the time and effort. The new features of PTE 8 really speeds up the process and lets the user take advantage of bits and parts of other productions to help ease the journey.

Best regards,

Lin

uote]