WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) BUG IN NEW KEY SYSTEM? (SEE LAST POST)

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

This is going to take a lot of explaining so Igor you need to bear with me.

As most regular readers know I am currently using my LT as my DT is sick awaiting replacement. When 8 appeared, I downloaded at about b5, onto my dt, then my lt. No problems, I created a show in 8b? "Nash's Conversion". When the anouncement of the changes in pricing were made, I removed 8b from my LT. To make sure I hadn't infected my 7.07 with commands from 8b I downloaded a new copy of 7.07 from Wnsoft.

Yesterday I created a menu in 7.07 for a show in spring 2014. When that was up & running & working OK including the exe, I decided to create a video version of the exe, that's when the problems happened.

When I clicked on the publish video button, the video screen appeared with a message saying I needed to up-grade to the delux version, which i already had. I clicked the red cross to clear the message & the video was produced, but during production there was a message saying that it was being converted in a trial version. I believe Igor said there would be a new version of keys, so I believe somehow, the 7.07 I downloaded from Wnsoft has not recognised my existing key??? See screen shots. sad.gif/>/>

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-43016600-1384335914_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-36072000-1384335930_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-81947400-1384335950_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-32243100-1384335988_thumb.jp

Eric,

I believe Igor said there would be a new version of keys, so I believe somehow, the 7.07 I downloaded from Wnsoft has not recognised my existing key???

Your screenshot shows only the PTE key (most likely your lifetime key). This key value only supports PTE Standard features.

It takes two (2) Keys in your case to have PTE Deluxe features.

* You also need to apply your VideoBuilder Upgrade Key to receive full Deluxe Features. Look in your registry to see if the value below has been entered. If not entered ... you need to find your Upgrade Key and enter it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

*The new version of Keys are applicable to new version 8 and future releases ... this will not affect the use of older PTE Program versions and your old version keys.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Your screenshot shows only the PTE key (most likely your lifetime key). This key value only supports PTE Standard features.

It takes two (2) Keys in your case to have PTE Deluxe features.

* You also need to apply your VideoBuilder Upgrade Key to receive full Deluxe Features. Look in your registry to see if the value below has been entered. If not entered ... you need to find your Upgrade Key and enter it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

*The new version of Keys are applicable to new version 8 and future releases ... this will not affect the use of older PTE Program versions and your old version keys.

Hi Stu

It's my understanding the key system was changed to a single key, I renewed my Delux 7.07 version some time ago & that is the key I received. I do have the original double keys from when PTE was split, but it's my understanding the keys were changed again.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Your above displayed Key value is not represenative of the single key format type (which only has 25 characters excluding dashes). The single key format type does not contain any path strings like the older key types. It can be a bit confusing with the various key types issued thru the years ... especially with those of us who have older generation lifetime key type.

* The single format key value is entered within the registry under :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\Keys]

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

you say you have the original 2 keys -- why not try reinstalling them

ken

Hi Ken

After much thrutching & grunting I fired up my sick PC to look through my saved keys, which I also have on a memory stick to see if I had missed something. Then I remembered my emails are stored on BT's server, so I went back to 2007 & 2012 & copied the keys. Then back to the LT, re-installed 7.07 as Stu suggested, added the single string 2012 key when prompted & then tried to create a vid', no error message this time. I can only think that when I copied PTE onto my LT originally in 2012, I didn't use the key. I haven't done any PTE creations on it until this week so the problem hasn't shown before. Anyway looks like it's fixed, so I'll mark this off as solved. Thanks to you & Stu for responding. ;)/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric also save this thread and use Stu's program to document your keys

and put on a couple cd's

remember "Jesus Saves" :rolleyes:/>/>/>

Author's PTE Presentation NotesPresentation Name: KeyCopy - Tool

Download Count: 2093

File Size: 132K

Contributor: Stu Rands

Contributor's Email: nobeefstu@netzero.net

If your PC registry still has the key registration information (you can easily tell by opening PTE and it works without prompting you to "Load A Key") ... then this KeyCopy utility tool will easily create a backup registration key file for you.

http://www.beechbroo...tes.asp?id=1750

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric also save this thread and use Stu's program to document your keys

and put on a couple cd's

remember "Jesus Saves" :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>

Author's PTE Presentation NotesPresentation Name: KeyCopy - Tool

Download Count: 2093

File Size: 132K

Contributor: Stu Rands

Contributor's Email: nobeefstu@netzero.net

If your PC registry still has the key registration information (you can easily tell by opening PTE and it works without prompting you to "Load A Key") ... then this KeyCopy utility tool will easily create a backup registration key file for you.

http://www.beechbroo...tes.asp?id=1750

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

ken

Hi Ken

He did & I already had it ;)/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Just a reminder about KeyCopy v1.

This tool will not retrieve the single key text format types (25 characters excluding dashes) that was/is issued for version 7 and future version 8 registrations from the registry.

This tool was built prior to the release/issue of these key types and therefore will not search/copy the registry key information.

I will update the tool early next year to include this key format type once PTE version 8 release settles. I need to think about if its more practical to build a seperate new version to address this registration type only ( keep KeyCopy v1 just for older PTE program types)

* Also need to verify if Igor plans to institute future key registrations that avoid the use of the registry altogether.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Just a reminder about KeyCopy v1.

This tool will not retrieve the single key text format types (25 characters excluding dashes) that was/is issued for version 7 and future version 8 registrations from the registry.

This tool was built prior to the release/issue of these key types and therefore will not search/copy the registry key information.

I will update the tool early next year to include this key format type once PTE version 8 release settles. I need to think about if its more practical to build a seperate new version to address this registration type only ( keep KeyCopy v1 just for older PTE program types)

* Also need to verify if Igor plans to institute future key registrations that avoid the use of the registry altogether.

Hi Stu

Yes I remembered you had said something about the single string key previously when I suggested using it to someone else. All's well now.

Kind Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

• 3 weeks later...

The new Registration Keys for PTE version 8 releases are no longer entered into the Windows Registry. They are now written and stored within the USERS - Documents and Settings directory.

* The only problem for Users is that the stored key content is encrypted. The file itself can be copied and saved to a new back-up location ... but also must be restored to the same folder location with its encrypted value. PTE GUI will not accept the encrypted value.

* Best for Users to make sure they copy and save their original registration email receipt in a safe backup location for furture needs. Also with these new registration keys ... you can just as easily write the key value to a piece of paper or key log book.