WnSoft Forums

"Vincent"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

A couple of days ago, my Yahoo homepage had an add for starry sky images, so I opened them & thought they were good enough for a show, so I started to download them only to find they dried up after 5 or 6. So rather than ditch them I sought out more images & compiled "Vincent", which for those who don't know refers to Vincent Van Gough. Unfortunately the video clips have bumped the show size to over 150mb.

Mechanics are as my last show "Twas etc", with the following changes,- 13 slides, 2 video clips, one song track.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gao6vvum4mra73v

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-32897900-1387465528_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Well Eric, all I can say is WOW! I don't quite understand what your input was and there are some imperfections with the masks but it is a lovely sequence.

Thanks Mick, no masks, haven't mastered them yet, just Jpegs, messed about in Elements, converted to PNG's. Absolute pig to line up with the music as we can't see the waveform in the O&A, would simplify things enormously if we could, being able to expand the timeline in O&A would also help, especially trying to get key frames in line at 10 second intervals with a 4 minute video. Thanks for the comments. Samples JPEG & PNG.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-65017600-1387489452_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-89814400-1387489486_thumb.pn

Hi Eric,

I think getting to grips with Masks could save you a lot of time unless you wanted to use complicated shapes. I was going to check this on your show but now when I click your links I get the download page but when I click "download" I get the error attached. Maybe a Mediafire problem but will try later.

post-7412-0-14451900-1387532668_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

I think getting to grips with Masks could save you a lot of time unless you wanted to use complicated shapes. I was going to check this on your show but now when I click your links I get the download page but when I click "download" I get the error attached. Maybe a Mediafire problem but will try later.

Hi Mick

I added a second link yesterday as there hadn't been any downloads, that one shows an error for some reason, I will delete it, try the original link, 58 downloads at last count.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Mick

I added a second link yesterday as there hadn't been any downloads, that one shows an error for some reason, I will delete it, try the original link, 58 downloads at last count.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Got it this time and saved it and yes you have some complicated shapes that I would not know how to do with Masks (maybe someone else does) but many others are easy to achieve.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Got it this time and saved it and yes you have some complicated shapes that I would not know how to do with Masks (maybe someone else does) but many others are easy to achieve.

Hi Mick

If you want to try my method, what I do is select an image I want to use, open it in elements, select the rectangular or elliptical marque tool, depending on the shape I want to end up with, cut out the shape I want, go to edit cut, close the cut image with no changes, select new blank transparent image, & paste the cut image onto it. Then select the eraser tool, with a soft round brush, say 100 pixels, hover over your image to check the circle image size, re-size it with the slider, then work it over the image to get the effect you want. If you make a mistake, go to edit undo, as far back as you want. When complete, save as a PNG file, then in PTE, with a different background image open in the O&A screen, add your prepared image & adjust when you want it to appear & the opacity as normal. Before & after images screen shots from my current project "O'Toole", which unfortunately I can't post due to its size.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-59909100-1387631241_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-70250100-1387631277_thumb.pn