WnSoft Forums

Show Grid Function

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

In my new series of tutorials for basic use of PTE 8.0.1, in the second one I had reached the section in Preferences for the show grid box. I ticked it & nothing happened or so I thought. I am doing these on the fly without a script so was not able to find what happens when the "show grid" box is ticked, then my think brain :ph34r:/> kicked in & realised it must be in the O&A screen, it is. IMO it is in the wrong position :(/> it should be part of Project Options in the O&A screen :unsure:/> or alternatively a simple button on the bottom toolbar in O&A, having to switch between screens to switch it on or off is not correct. After all why put it on the main page if you want to switch it on & off, unless there is some hidden keystroke to do this. :blink:/>

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

The 'grid ' option icon is on the main O&A window. It is on the top of the window next to the 'copy and cut' tools and not surprisingly the icon is a grid. It has always been there I believe. I have used it many times and I think it is in the right place.

The other day you found for the first time the 'arrows' on the top right of the same window allowing to select the next slide etc. A little while ago you had an issue with the '3D' button.

Come on Eric have a good look around the screen and explore all the options. There will always be different opinions as to where certain things might be placed but we do need to look at the window.

Anthony

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

The 'grid ' option icon is on the main O&A window. It is on the top of the window next to the 'copy and cut' tools and not surprisingly the icon is a grid. It has always been there I believe. I have used it many times and I think it is in the right place.

The other day you found for the first time the 'arrows' on the top right of the same window allowing to select the next slide etc. A little while ago you had an issue with the '3D' button.

Come on Eric have a good look around the screen and explore all the options. There will always be different opinions as to where certain things might be placed but we do need to look at the window.

Anthony

Antony

Just because it's me asking the questions doesn't mean I'm the only one wondering. The 3D button was moved for a reason I didn't agree with, to accommodate the new colour button, It was also reduced in size. This is a forum, maybe not everyone is as smart as you :P/>/>/>/> In any case the comment regarding the grid is still valid, if you tick the grid box in preferences, then toggle it off in the O&A screen, it unticks the box in preferences. So, to sum up, in my opinion anything referring to the O&A screen should be controlled from the O&A project options, not the main screen preferences. BTW thank you for pointing out the grid icon in O&A. I've never used it before, like a lot of other features.

Yachtsman1.

...in my opinion anything referring to the O&A screen should be controlled from the O&A project options

The emphasis in the above quote is mine.

There is no such thing as "O&A project options". There are "Project Options" or "Settings > Preferences". "Project Options" apply to this project and can be accessed from the Slides view, the Timeline view or the O&A view. "Settings > Preferences" determine how various parts of the PTE program behave across all projects.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

The emphasis in the above quote is mine.

There is no such thing as "O&A project options". There are "Project Options" or "Settings > Preferences". "Project Options" apply to this project and can be accessed from the Slides view, the Timeline view or the O&A view. "Settings > Preferences" determine how various parts of the PTE program behave across all projects.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I see that now, however it isn't logical IMO to have a function operable in one "Main view" that doesn't show in that view.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

I'm sorry to slightly raise your heckles in my response.(not my intention at all) . I was just pointing out that it is fun and exciting to explore the different icons and buttons and see what happens. I do this whatever software I'm using.

Anthony

BTW I only wish I was on any 'smart' list....but sadly I'm not.

Guest Yachtsman1

Anthony

As an English speaker, any constructive input is welcomed to try to get the Enlish manual up & running. I've now tried to read again the 7.5 version, but reading page after page certainly dulls my brain, hence my thesis A picture is worth a thousand words, which is why I'm trying to put together some basic info on video. Up to date it has had quite a hit rate on Youtube, so someone must be looking.

Eric

Yachtsman1.