WnSoft Forums

problem with voice comments

loodusemees

In lecture-like slideshows I often use the switch "Wait for key press to show next slide" as demonstration speed can vary in large scale. It is a pity that in version 8 I cannot use slide comments in this situation anymore.

Having default slide duration 5s and linking mp3-file with 3rd slide, sound will start sharply after 10s. But sound have to start sharply after second key press... This was possible in earlier versions.

Is it a Bug or I have Missed something? Can we get this possibility back?

Hi,

This is fairly straight-forward to accomplish. First, go to Settings, Preferences, Toolbars and make certain you have the audio prompt enabled - I would suggest having every box checked.

From the Slide List on the Main Screen, click on the slide where you wish the sound to start to select it. Next click on "Add Audio or Voice" (at the top right of the screen left of the default position for Preview). Navigate to your audio file and select it.

Remember that if you want the audio to stop (finish) on the slide you have linked it to, you muse either use an audio which is limited to the time selected for that slide or make the time for each slide sufficiently long to allow the audio to finish. If you don't do this, the audio will continue on the subsequent slide(s).

Of course you can go to the Timeline and use the Audio Waveform to mute the sound at any time.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank You for deep answer, Lin!

Actually I have done my job approximately as you suggested. According track view all seems to be OK. But in real life voice or music are starting at wrong time :-) Program does not take into account seconds waited if using option "Wait for key press to show next slide".

Hi Again, if you are trying to do this on the fly so to speak, have you cut all the transition points on the slides after the first, then click the + sign to make your next slide in the list at the exact time you want it to appear in your narrative? See the screen shots.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-26998600-1392848223_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-20392200-1392848240_thumb.jp