WnSoft Forums

Have I lost them?

jay_mids

Good Evening ,

Dont know if anyone can offer some advice with this problem. Back in 2006 I was heavily into stock photography and decided to purchase a mac , as I thought its image handling was better.

I created a slideshow on my previous laptop as an experiment , with about 12 or 15 family images. Watermarked them and added an expiry date to the show - and you've guessed it , I cant get them back . The laptop has long since gone and i dont have the originals.

I'm just getting the error message saying that the slideshow has expired , 7 yrs ago! lol

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

If you will zip the executable and give me a link, I may be able to recover your original images from it...

Best regards,

Lin

Good Morning Lin,

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you think you could give me some pointers as to the process? I'm trying to 'expand' my knowledge somewhat. Like to have a go myself in the first instance.

Hi Jay,

You will either have to screen copy your images with a high resolution display or purchase some expensive software to deconstruct the executable file. I can do both but can't guarantee that your individual executable is amenable to either. A lot depends on the date you created the files, or more specifically the version of PTE or other software you used and the internal settings and other factors such as the original capture or scan resolution of the images used.

PicturesToExe executable files when the internal engine is set to display at full screen may display up to the original file dimensions or even larger (interpolated) depending on the individual settings at time of file creation. I have access to a number of displays up to and including nine megapixel output. So screen captures as high as output from cameras such as Canon 30D or equivalents in other brands which had 8 megapixel resolution can be screen captured at full resolution without quality loss. If the original images used were higher than nine megapixels in original capture file matrix, then this method will not work to achieve optimal image quality. Unfortunately there is no "one size fits all" solution and only by examining the original executable code can I give you a reasonable expectation of success using one or more methods of retrieval.

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

bonsoir , si tu as juste mis une date pour limiter l'utilisations du "exe" tu as une solutions pour l'ouvrir et faire une capture image par image de ton diaporama !!

il te suffit de changer la date de ton ORDI

EXP= su tu as fait ton diapo en avril 2006 , mais ton ordi en date de mars 2006

ton diaporama devrait s'ouvrir !!

j’espère avoir été utile et que ça marchera pour toi

amicalement

Hello,
If you just used a date to limit the uses of the "exe" file, you may have a solution to open and screen capture frames from your slideshow!
If you change the date of your COM EXP = so you made your slideshow in April 2006, but your computer dated March 2006.
Your slideshow should open!
I hope I have been helpful and that it will work for you.
Friendly
Note: I believe Henry is saying to temporarily change the system date on your computer to before the expiration date on the show which might allow you to run it and screen capture the slides.
Lin