WnSoft Forums

lost

cici

Cici:

When you downloaded the new version it might have been saved somewhere else other than where you expected. It usually saves to where you last downloaded something.

I suspect when you installed the software, you were thinking you were installing the latest, but you likely had an old version sitting there.

I usually change the name before downloading and make absolutely sure where it is being downloaded to.

(I learned that the hardway with other downloads)

Thank You , Ken

I'm running under Win 98 SE.

No big changes: now I can open also from Start/Programs/PTE; but not from shortcut. Not a big problem: I can work. I'll try a defragmantation of HD on next days: first I've to copy to CD a few Gb og pictures and eraze them from my PC.

Sam,

I doubt if fragmentation is the problem.

Try deleting the shortcut, and then find the correct PTE file in Win Explorer and drag it over to the desktop with the right mouse button held down. Then select the "shortcut" option, and you should have the correct icon on your desktop.

If this doesn't work, do a search for apr.exe, drag each one over to the desktop (with the right mouse button), make a shortcut, and try clicking on each to find the right one. Then delete all the others.