WnSoft Forums

"QuickCopy" - version 2.0

boxig

Quick Copy - Paste your graphic image or Copy image file.

"Play with it a bit and you may find it usefull" :D

Browse for jpg or bmp image file.

or

Drag and Drop jpg or bmp image file.

Image will be displayed full size on screen (up to screen size).

Click on image to send it to clipboard. Your graphic program

will auto-open for you to paste the image.

(to set your default graphic program press Alt+S)

Click "Save" to save a copy of the file in folder you choose.

H - Help.

O - Browse and Open file.

S - Browse for folder to save image.

Alt+S - Set your default graphic program.

:P Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

First of all (as always), thank you for sharing this with us all. Another helpful utility. Since you usually ask for feedback, can I offer some suggestions (they may be to difficult to code, but I'll ask anyway):

1) Is there anyway we could use the up and down arrows to select the Next Image in the current directory. This would really speed things up and make this a tremendous tool. It may just be too difficult as I mentioned earlier.

2) If I drag the window down to another location, it resets itself back to the middle of the screen. I'm sure this is by design since you are centering the images, but it would be helpful if the window remained in the same location until exiting.

3) Extremely large files (width not file size) don't display. I tested several panoramic photos.

I like the speed of the viewer and that it shows the dimensions of the image. The copy seems to work well also.

Thanks again for all you do.

Fred

Hi Fred and thank you for feedback.

Most of your suggestions can be done and I find them logic.

Can it remember my last "save to" location. This would be helpful also.
This will need extra "Save" button without browsing.
Extremely large files (width not file size) don't display. I tested several panoramic photos.
Right. What the program actually do is displaying the image on screen and then "Print Screen", which means, if the image is bigger than screen I can do it only if resize the image, and I don't think this is what you want.
If I drag the window down to another location, it resets itself back to the middle of the screen. ... but it would be helpful if the window remained in the same location until exiting.
I think I can do that.
Is there anyway we could use the up and down arrows to select the Next Image in the current directory.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain ?

I will post on this topic when I'll add your ideas and upload new version.

Thanks again

Granot

Before I go to sleep... ;)

1) Program window will stay in place you move it and will not move after copy :o

2) Next time you open program it will remember location on screen and go there :o

3) Fixed bug - graphic program open only once :D

(Uploaded)

Good night

Granot

Can it remember my last "save to" location. This would be helpful also

Now yes.

When you click on "Save" button it will ask you if you want on same folder as last time. If you say "No" so it will let you browse.

Also some other small improvements.

Uploaded already.

Thank you fred for good suggestions.

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

Thanks for the changes. The box moving works fine now and I'm able to save files in the same directory now. A couple of questions and/or issues:

(1) When you do a save to a location, it doesn't verify if the file already exists and simply writes over the file. This could be a problem for someone later.

(2) The Destination Folder message that comes up says, "Do you want to save all images in this folder?". This seems confusing to me. This makes me think that I'm going to save "all" images into a folder instead of just the one I'm working with. Maybe it could say something like, "Do you want to save this image to the last saved folder?"

(3) On the up and down arrow issue I was speaking about yesterday. What I was hoping for would be if you have multiple images in a directory and I wanted to view each one, it would be extremely helpful if I could somehow select next or back to view them without having to drop them onto your utility or to browse to the directory again. Is this clear or am I confusing things further?!?!?

Otherwise, works well and I like it. Thanks again for your continued efforts.

Best regards,

Fred

Hi Fred,

Again very useful comments and I will fix those two things. As for No. 3, I have to think how to do it... I mean, I know how but how to do it the easy way because all was programed for one file, so if I can change it easy enough to show list of files and then you choose from list. Good idea.

Granot

(1) When you  save file, it doesn't verify if the file already exists and simply writes over the file.

Fixed !

(2) "Do you want to save this image to the last saved folder ?"

Fixed !

(3)  What I was hoping for would be if you have multiple images in a directory and I wanted to view each one, it would be extremely helpful if I could somehow select next or back to view them without having to drop them onto your utility or to browse to the directory again.

Done ! - with new features as:

All images selected are appended to the list.

You can choose any image to paste or copy file.

View thumb of any selectd image.

When see folder list will show only images from folder.

When see folder any added image will append to list.

Settings button for default graphic editor program.

Thank you Fred for all good suggestions

Granot