WnSoft Forums

Copy/paste objects' size and position

In the object and animation window, there is a dialog to set the position and size of an object. One clic is enough to reset the original size and position, nice. If you want objects in different views to be at the same position and size, for instance text, you should put manually the values. In the input dialog, I propose to add two lines with two buttons to store the current values of size and position and two buttons to paste them in the current value.

If you are talking about images as objects, all you need to do is select the existing object, copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), advance to the next slide and paste it (Ctrl+V) and then replace the object image using the Properties tab of the O&A window. The size and position will be preserved.

Peter

If you are talking about images as objects, all you need to do is select the existing object, copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), advance to the next slide and paste it (Ctrl+V) and then replace the object image using the Properties tab of the O&A window. The size and position will be preserved.

Peter

Of course, images are objects, but the main issue is text. Your solution could be longer than changing the values!

JL

If you want to preserve the font size and the placement then my approach does that. Copy-Paste-Key new text-Advance to next slide-Paste-Key new text-Advance to next slide... etc.

Peter

I do the same, but when you change the text, its position changes, and you have to restore the wished position... With the proposed new buttons, I could restore the position with one clic!

JL