WnSoft Forums

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

This is one of the shows I planned to make from pictures from our current holiday in Kent. Unfortunately, the day we visited Dungeness was not condusive to decent pictures. However, we went & took pictures. This afternoon I set to & compiled them into a show, very different to what I had planned. UK residents may have caught a news item this morning regarding the atomic power station in Dungenes, which may have to be de-commissioned early due to deterioration of the carbon shells of the radio active innards. Hence the title of the show.

Mechanics, 98mb, 6 minutes, 60 slides, 3 video clips & two music tracks. I mentioned the music a short time ago on here, the pieces chosen are from the TV shows Happy Valley, which finished last night & Quirke, which finishes Sunday night. It's a Dropbox download & the link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/lml3wwbomy5g0ml/1a%20Troubled%20Town.zip

Yachtsman1 :o

Hi Eric,

As a resident of Kent and probably the only member of my 110 strong camera club who has not taken photographs at Dungeness, I was particularly keen to see your show. Such a shame about the weather but many of the shots I recognised and it was good to see you take on them. Not sure I understood your reasoning for repeating most of your shots in monochrome, I think I would have stuck with a three minute show with a shrug as did your wife. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the rest of Kent and had some better weather.

Mick

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

As a resident of Kent and probably the only member of my 110 strong camera club who has not taken photographs at Dungeness, I was particularly keen to see your show. Such a shame about the weather but many of the shots I recognised and it was good to see you take on them. Not sure I understood your reasoning for repeating most of your shots in monochrome, I think I would have stuck with a three minute show with a shrug as did your wife. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the rest of Kent and had some better weather.

Mick

Hi Mick

Glad you liked most of the show. The reason for the mono version was the change of mood from the first music track to the second. I did think of inserting an image of an atomic explosion between the versions but it may have upset someone. I had researched the area before we went, but the shots I wanted to take were out of bounds, (fishing boat beach). I also fancied the train ride, but with the ever threatening weather, we passed.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS just back from a second visit to Whitstable & Herne Bay, sunny today. Had a couple of crab & prawn tarts from a little shop in Whistable high street for lunch, well worth a try.

post-5560-0-06122500-1401972566_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-30245000-1401972592_thumb.jp

Love Whitstable especially fish restaurant at the harbour. Went there recently with a friend and had a little too much drink to drive home so had to hire one of the fisherman's lofts to sleep it off. Happy days. I'm Live in Chatham, pm me if you are in the area.

Mick

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick

Chatham dockyard was on our list of possible sites to visit, but after looking on the web site, we decided against it. Co-incidentally, in 2005 we bought some pictures on Ebay from a guy who lived in the dock masters residence in the dockyard & had planned combining a visit to the dockyard to collect the pictures, eventually we collected them from his chandelier renovating business somewhere near Clapham Common. Tomorrow is our last day before heading home so we need to sort out last minute items, maybe next time.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-69372300-1402003074_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now added the song lyrics text to this show, it's on Youtube. There is a lot of animated text which Youtube doesn't stream very well, what I would suggest is watch it on Youtube, if you want to keep it I have also uploaded the exe to Dropbox.

Yachtsman1.

Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/35ddzwt3dnrfyh1/1a%20Troubled%20Town%20mono%20r2%20with%20text.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Last night I was completing a lamp made during my recent AV rest, I noticed in the TV listings Jake Bugg the performer of the song featured in my show "Trouble Town" was appearing at the Glastonbury music festival. The picture was taken during his set, don't know if he sung Trouble Town, missed the first 15 minutes watching the re-run of Inspector Montalbano the Italian cop show. Anyone one else catch him?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-47573300-1404027283_thumb.jp