WnSoft Forums

publish to you tube problem

oliker123

Hi

Hello everyone can somebody help, I have created a couple of slideshows and resized my photos to 1400x1050.I havepublished them to dvd and exe files with great success but when i have published to you tube it as chopped the top and bottom off the potrait orientated photos , do I have to resize them again to publish to you tube and if so to what size do I need to resize them to.Hope I am making sense! Thanks for any help in anticipation. Thankyou.!

YouTube "converts" all videos uploaded to their own formats but doesn't convert all video sizes correctly. If you stick with wide format HD sizes such as 1280x720 or 1920x1080 or if you use 1024x768 or 640x480 you will usually get a video which gives you the correct image without clipping off the top or bottom. Unfortunately when you go to other aspect ratios it sometimes isn't compatible with their conversion process. I tend to use 1280x720 myself because I use a significant amount of animation which generally doesn't do well on YouTube at full 1080P. If I have a show which I want to fit the 3:2 or 4:3 aspect ratio display, I generally use 1024x768 in my own mp4 to upload.

Best regards,

Lin