WnSoft Forums

EXIF & ITPC

ContaxMan

A search for this didn't resolve my question so here it is:

I use the Title metadata field to add titles to all of my images in Lightroom. When I build a PTE show I sometimes want to pick-up this information to display with the slide.

By trial-and-error I've worked out that I can add information from the Exif Comment field - using Exif-Description in PTE but I'd rather not have to copy my titles into the comment filed.

I am stuck with having to do this or is there something I'm missing?

Hi Roger,

On the main page of PTE. Left click on the little blue arrow by Comment then click on "Insert Text Template" and you will have a drop down menu with the items which may be inserted automatically via the EXIF and Metadata including available IPTC data. The content of any of the fields you find when you further mouse over EXIF or IPTC can be selected. The data in those fields chosen will be automatically extracted. Other than these fields, no other data is available.

Roger, since different camera companies slightliy modify the terms and since different software sometimes uses marginally different terms for these data, I would suggest filling in all IPTC and user available fields in Lightroom on a test file with the actual name Lightroom provides as the descriptive term. Then call all the available fields on a test image where they have been filled and you will then be able to determine exactly which fields are being extracted by PTE under which relevant title. For example, PTE calls an IPTC datum field called "Author Title" which "may" or may not be the same field LIghtroom describes as "Title" - by doing the above you can determine which is which.

Best regards,

Lin