WnSoft Forums

Crop tool in Styles

gogs

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help.

I was trying to create a repeated animation by creating a style. In objects and animation I have two copies of the same image (working 3:2 format). The background image is full size i.e. zoom 100 x 100 and grayscaled. The top image is sliding in on top at zoom 85x85 in colour, and finishes centre screen. However I want this image to register/align with the background image so that it blends exactly. To do this I used the crop tool on the top image until everything lined up. After this I created it as a style. When reusing the style the crop factor is not retained. I believe I could probably get the same effect using a mask but I was more interested in knowing why the crop parameters are not retained when creating a style.

gogs

Instead of using the "Crop" feature use the "Canvas".

Set it to % and take 7.5% off all around.

Then set the ZOOM in the Animation Tab to 85% (for the sliding image) for both Key-frames.

DG

Gogs.ptestyle

P.s. also, your method requires two main images to create the style and two images in the Slide List to re-create it. My example only uses the one main image. Is it something to do with the number of main images?

Gogs,

This style is probably nearer to what you described above:

gogs2.ptestyle

Drag your two images into the Slide List (B+W First) - Highlight both and apply this style.

You could also drag "x" pairs of images into the Slide List, highlight them all and apply this style. The result would be "x/2" slides with this style applied.

DG

Hi Dave

Thanks for having a look at this for me. Both methods you have created work just great.

What I forgot to mention in my first post was that I also wanted to have a small border on the top image.

When applying a border to both methods suggested they end up out of alignment. I suppose this could be sorted by adjusting the canvas parameters but the crop tool seemed the easiest way to bring them back into alignment.

I thought perhaps it was to do with number of main images as originally both images were set to main image 1. I have tried it by creating two main images but the crop tool parameters still do not save within the completed style.

Gogs

Hi Dave

Yes sorry I forgot to mention the border in the first post. That was one of the reasons I did not create the effect with a mask although I know I could have added a white rectangle in the mask to create a border.

The real reason for the post was to find out why the crop parameters didn't save in the style. I am not sure if this is because I do not really understand how the crop function works or whether it is a problem within P2E.

But thanks for having another look at the problem for me.

Gogs

Gogs,

Here's one way of doing it:

In Canvas set 7.5% all round and 85% Zoom in Animation Tab.

If your original image was 1800x1200 (for example) it would now be 1530x1020 (see the "Size/Position..." window).

Go to the Border Tab in Adjust Image and Border and this time set Pixels and 20px.

Because you have added 20 Pixels all round your image SHOULD be 1570x1060, but it is not - it is 1510.755x1020 because of the way PTE has added the Border. It adds the Border around the outside of the image and maintains the original height of the Image (including the Border).

If you change the 1020 pixels value to 1060 pixels in "Size Position..." you have exactly what you wanted - 1570x1060. You could add a Shadow in the Common Tab.

Everything lines up. Go ahead and add the "Slide in " animation.

Having done it once and saved the STYLE you can then apply that Style to as many slides as you wish.

DG

Hi Dave

It works a treat although at first couldn't get it until I realised I was adjusting canvas in pixels instead of %. Doh!.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at this.

Gogs