WnSoft Forums

Random Transitions using Standard and Custom?

aaroncgi

Hi All,

I've been plugging away with my new P2E happily for the past few days, really loving the program. This question is a bit academic since I have decided to just stick with a single transition type (with multiple directions if available) for each chapter of my show. However, I'm still curious.

I have loaded about 50 custom transitions. When I select all of those in addition to a handful of the standard transitions such as Hour Hand, Shapes, Gates, Page, and Curling, the slideshow seems to prefer the standard transitions at least 95% of the time. So in the show, I might get one of the custom transitions for every 20 of the standard, even though the custom types outnumber the standard by at least 3 to 1. And often in that same period, one of more of the standard transitions will have appeared more than once. I know in computers and other electronics there is no 'true' random, but this seems a bit excessive. I wonder if it's possible to somehow put the desired standard transitions into the same folder as the custom transitions, and if so, would that solve the issue? Even so I still think it's not nearly as random as I would like - ideal would be a non-repeating random. :) But I know from CD changer days, that not a lot of equipment had such a feature built into their random functions.

Cheers!

Aaron

If you really want it, you could create a style which featured all transitions, but they would appear in the order that you created the style. That would not be random but would not repeat until you exhausted the number of available transitions.

:)

DG

P.s. if you then play the slides in random order you would have a truly random show - slides and transitions.

Dave,

Thanks for the ideas. I thought of the all transitions style, but as you say, it's not truly random without also having the slides randomized. I don't want to randomize the slides as I like to keep things in chronological order, often having several different dates within a specific chapter of my show(s). I suppose if there are enough transitions (must be a bit over 70), a fixed sequence could still seem pretty random to a viewer only watching each show one time. With probably 20-30 chapters in the complete show, though, I bet some viewers would still catch on to the sequence. :)

Not a big deal, as I say, think I am going to just stick with a single type of transition for each chapter, rather than all of them!