WnSoft Forums

How many slides

Jeffery

What ia the max. number of slides you can have in one presintation?

Hello Jeffery..

As quoted from the help file...

Question:

How many pictures can I include to my presentation?

Answer:

Up to 32000 pictures (unregistered version is limited to 10 pictures).

ENJOY

Bart

If you are thinking of pushing the slide limit also consider the 2GB maximum .EXE file size. At that limit and 32,000 images you must keep the average image size at 65-70KB, or less if there is music. Do consider how many hours it might take to watch it though :blink:

Make it have "Random" image playback and you will almost never see the same image twice.

There is no problem with loading time or computer memory and speed for these large slide presentations. You will be quite impressed with the almost instant slideshow start and the lack of penalty for having made a behemoth presentation with complex indices, etc. My record slideshow is 1.08GB (1108MB) and 14,000 slides.

Plan on an indexing design to jump to slide sections from home and other slides, or else make the whole presentation in random playback without indices. Very large slideshow presentations may take 10 to 30 minutes to create in PTE, depending upon your development system speed (keep a lot of free disk space available on the drive with Windows or where the swap file is located, if different). A large Windows workload exists only when creating, not when playing slideshow.

While DVDs can successfully hold the largest allowable slideshow, if using a CD-R you have to limit the slideshow size and .EXE file to 700 to 702MB to fit on the CD.

14000 slides Bill, surely that must be an all-comers record. As I work on all my images in Photoshop my mind boggles at the thought :lol:

Ron [uK]

Remember the critics guide to editing.

"I was glued to my seat throughout, only for this I would have left in the first minute" :D

The amount of slides you can use is: just enough ;)