WnSoft Forums

GREAT SUCCESS WITH ROXIO 6

fitzner101

:D Can't remember where I made a comment about Roxio 6 the last time but I, as some know work at our Church video taping Bible classes and capture using an 1995 old Pinnacle program and edid with Premiere 5.0. I extract the sound also to made a audio only cd (Redbook) for cd players in autos and cd player (portables) in the home.

I used the file from the video cd and brought it to the work station of the Roxio 6 and WOW!! suck quality I can't believe. It looks wonderful on tv!!

Now about the menu!! I guess we will have to live with it but actually it really is not that bad. You can change the background and text and even add your own narration or music.

That clip that counts backwards you can trash it if you do not want to use it. You can even if you want to use it stop it just before it gets to the title which say "Roxio" and delete it at that point to the right or end of the clip. However they could have made it so that you could do this and replace Roxio with your title name.

Anyone that wants to email me about Roxio that I can help with or perhaps you can help me lets email but it really would be better to keep this on the forum to benefit all the forum members.

Harry

pictures@ruralcomm.com

When I used Roxio 6 it "appeared" to burn successfully but my DVD player would not recognise the DVD disc (minus DVD) Am I using the wrong type of DVD discs? :(

Main computer only burns DVD minus but laptop will do plus and minus types.

Used DVD Builder but I did delete their menu...?

I used the file from the video cd and brought it to the work station of the Roxio 6

Harry does this mean you did not import directly from PTE to Roxio6 Builder as I was doing?

BW Maureen

Maureen

I successfully burnt an SVCD on CD using Roxio 6 way back in November, thanks to e-mail directions from Michel. However whilst it played back successfully on my DVD player and computer it wouldn't on those of my younger son and two grandsons so I have abandoned the idea for the time being.

Have you seen that an upgrade to Easy CD Creator 7 is now available at £49.99 [uK]

Ron [uK]

<_< Not having a great result with vcd with pte. The pictures were not sharp and the transition sucked! I did use my digital camera and the pictures look great on the computer pte presentation. I am using Roxio 6 but get much better results with video digital so far.

Harry

Harry does this mean you did not import directly from PTE to Roxio6 Builder as I was doing?

You guys pehaps are a bit more advanced then me but I took the finished cd Bible class .avi and imported it directly and draged it to the work station. I did not use pte because this was a super vhs to cd. The class was abit over one hour.

Now when I have excellent pictures, super and very clear and make a pte presentation and follow Igors directions I do import it to Roxio 6 work station. I did one about a trip to Mexico City and this one was excellent.

Have you seen that an upgrade to Easy CD Creator 7 is now available at £49.99 [uK]

Are you saying that with the Roxio 6 you can upgrade to a 7 as long as you have the Roxio 6?

I am not at the present using dvd. Can anyone say what is good in a dvd burner?

I need to educate myself in the different dvd discs. - and + etc. Do they make a burner that used both?

Fitzner

I received an e-mail from newsletter@roxio-shop.com on 24 March offering the upgrade so I ordered. Presumably it was sent to me because I am registered with them.

As regards DVD writers I have a Philips DVD+ The DVD+ and - were being developed at the time I upgraded fom a CD writer and were going to be very pricey. I don't know what the present situation is.

Ron [uK]

Fitzner

I received an e-mail from newsletter@roxio-shop.com on 24 March offering the upgrade so I ordered. Presumably it was sent to me because I am registered with them.

As regards DVD writers I have a Philips DVD+ The DVD+ and - were being developed at the time I upgraded fom a CD writer and were going to be very pricey. I don't know what the present situation is.

Ron [uK]

I just checked with a local company that has a " NEC" dvd burned for $150 US Currency and $20 to install does this price seem to be high or ok? Silly, but I don't know how to do quotes on this forum. So, I just copy and paste.

Harry

http://www.muvee.com/website/freedownload.php

I found this nifty program that I want to use in a pinch that used templates and a host of transitions. I can do a complete slide show in minutes. Thought I would use this in my tool box for quickies. You can download a trial and the trial last forever. It does show their logo but it is quick and I use Roxio 6 to burn cd's. It was do video and capture.

Harry

:ph34r: opps, let me say that in the previous message I am in no way negating the pte program at all. It will always remain supreme.

It just so happens that my regular price for my work at times is hard to obtain and sometimes I use the other and charge much less and I am doing quantity work.

I like the template implement because it enables me to select, say, romantic, mucsic video etc. and like magic it is finished for preview and I burn with Roxio 6.

Harry