WnSoft Forums

slide show with AV sequences

bobpearson

Guest Yachtsman1

AAB3ULtp2U1S-jZ608HuVZoCa.html

You refer to an example '21' I don't know where this example is located.

Each post is numbered, when numerous posts are made on a subject they have a number, scroll up to No 21 & take a look at my example. I think you may be making a basic error in your selection. Your link doesn't work either, it should be blued out when active, something is missing from it.

Yachtsman1.

Hi again, I have looked very closely at your screen grab in email 21. The differences are you are calling an application and not closing. Your Common tab did not have the mode button. I have tried exactly what you demonstrate, the application being the .exe file. My program does not make the call. There must be some global setting that I do not know about. Please remember in my original slide talk 2 of the 3 calls to .exe files worked, it was only the middle call that always failed. Now having started a new minimal project I can't get any call to work.

I have tried left click - nothing happens. The left and right arrows work to move the previous /next slide and right click moves to next slide.

Bob

Unanswered question:

When you hover the mouse cursor over the link object does it change to a "hand symbol" ??

If the link object is the slide image and it fills the screen then the mouse cursor should be a hand symbol anywhere on screen.

Note the difference on the slides which you originally said worked?

You must link an object via the hyperlink. If the only object is an image then that is what is linked via the mouse click to the "external" show.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi again, I have looked very closely at your screen grab in email 21. The differences are you are calling an application and not closing. Your Common tab did not have the mode button.

Bob

When an object in my memory page is highlighted, the mode button disappears. Check the before & after screen shots.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-23429900-1436087815_thumb.jppost-5560-0-10470900-1436087825_thumb.jp

Unanswered question: I don't see a hand symbol! The link object is the slide. It is shown as the main object. If I add a frame round it to create a second object and try linking to the .exe file from the frame object it still does not work. With the frame object selected I still do not see a hand symbol.

Bob

I take it that the fact that my mode button does not disappear and the cursor does not change to a hand clearly indicates that the slide is not being treated as an object. How do I make it the active object. AS I say the name of the slide appears in the object list. If I add a frame I get the slide and frame shown as objects. With the frame selected -shown as blue - I can add the link but no hand appears and mode button dosn't disappear and of course the .exe file is not called.

How do I ensure the slide is treated as an object. I have searched the help file but nothing jumps out.

Bob

Bob,

The SLIDE is the carrier for the OBJECTS.

The OBJECT, be it an image or text, is what is linked to your external show.

The cursor only turns to the hand symbol in Preview or when the exe is running.

You said at some point that your "transparent to selection" box is unticked, but is it unticked for the object you have applied the hyperlink to??

DG

Hi, I have now had some success!!. With a blank slide selected I went to O&A and added a frame object and then within it an image object - the slide I wanted to show. I made this the main object and changed the action on mouse button to run slide sequence. The mode button does not disappear but when I run a hand now appears over the image. Strangely its necessary to press the LEFT mouse button while the hand is available to call the slide sequence - which then runs.

Getting there!

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

It is not "strange" -it has always been Left Mouse Button.

The settings in Project Options regarding mouse buttons are not applicable to Hyperlinks.

DG

P.S. For clarity:

If the Left Mouse Button is configured in Project Options e.g. for Next Slide, there is no conflict.

Left Clicking on a Hyperlink will initiate the chosen action - starting an external show etc. but Left Clicking on a part of the slide which has no Hyperlink will change the slide to the Next Slide.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Bob

Apologies first of all, the first couple of menu tutorials I added Youtube links for were not pertinent to your problem. It wasn't until I checked them out I realised they related to a problem with sound which was running at the time I made them. I've had to go back further in my YT files to find what I should have pointed you to. However, this tutorial relates to PTE7.5 & a basic change happened in 8 regarding which path was chosen from the O&A tab. This one in 7.5 says use the Run slideshow with return, when the current one I believe should be Run Application or open file as my screen shots depicted..

Yachtsman1.