WnSoft Forums

Combining Slide Styles

davegee

At the time of writing Styles are not “additive” and if a Style is applied to a Slide then any original animation is overwritten by the Style.

However, it is possible to “combine” styles in two ways (with a proviso).

If the two Styles being combined relate to different object/images then the process is no more complicated than a simple Copy and Paste from one Slide to another and the resulting “combined” Style can be saved as a new Style.

If the two Styles to be “combined” relate to the same Object/Image then in is necessary to adopt a new strategy for creating Styles to facilitate this. The strategy that I have adopted is the use of Frames to host the Object/Image so that the Frame has all of the Animation applied to it leaving the Object/Image free of all animation (it "inherits" the animation of its parent frame).

Here’s a simple example: PTE has two BASIC Styles called “Pan Down” and “Pan Right” where the animation produced by the Style is applied directly to the Image. I have made new versions of these (and other) basic styles so that the animation is applied to a frame which holds the Image.

post-2488-0-09177900-1448983790_thumb.jp

By dragging two instances of a single image into the Slide List I can apply “Pan Down (DG)” to the first and “Pan Right (DG)” to the second. If I then delete the Image from the first instance in Objects and Animation and leave its Frame I can Copy and Paste the Frame from Slide two to the Frame in Slide one as shown below.

post-2488-0-74992900-1448983850_thumb.jp

The result is shown below:

post-2488-0-61134300-1448983897_thumb.jp

Further refinements:

The procedure could be repeated to obtain a result with 3 or more frames.

The image could then have animation applied to it.

All of these steps could be saved as individual Styles and result in a saving of repetitive work when building a project.

Here are the Styles:

Pan Down DG.ptestyle

Pan Right DG.ptestyle

Pan Down Right DG.ptestyle

Hi Dave

Just gave them a try and it's a pretty clever idea, well done.

I think I will start some experimentation and see what it could lead to for me.

It would certainly save time in building projects with a variety of styles and am sure it would also lead to an easier creation of more complex styles.

Gogs