WnSoft Forums

Is it possible to pre apply transitions to a folder of images?

The Peeg

Hi,

I am making slideshows for a number of club photo competitions and I have a folder of slides with the entrants names on.

These names can repeatedly occur in different categories over different competitions, and indeed different years

I am wondering if I can pre-apply timings and transitions, etc to these to be saved in the slides so I do not have to edit each one when it appears?

It would make composition of the shows so much easier.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Sounds like a job for Styles.

Set one Slide/Image up in the Slide List the way you want it with timing and transition and create a Style from it. 

Drag all of the required images into the Slide List, select all of them and Apply your Style. The result will be that all slides will have the same time (duration) and transition.

Create different Styles for different durations/transitions.

See STYLES in the Online Help for more information.

P.S. not sure what you mean about the names - could you explain a little more? You can add the image title as a comment within the Style (Project Options - Text Comment for new slides - Insert Template - Picture Name)

Hi Dave, I have had a look at the styles option and I'm not sure if that will save them all in the folder for future use.

Here is a screen shot. Each slide is a 1400 x 1050 pixel image that gets dropped in after the entrants image.

There are multiple images from the same entrant in different categories so it would be easier to drag and drop from the folder if they are saved as preset files.

BTW I am using V8 if that makes a difference.

P2E 1.jpg

I understand.

You could set up a Template containing all of the NAME slides and any blank slides that you want and save it. You could then open it and drop their images in at the appropriate points. Save as a different name. That would save some work. You can pre-determine the Slide durations and Transitions in Project Options easily.

Here's a Style which might be of use.

Add all of the NAME slides that you require to use to the Slide List (drag them in).

Import this Style (in Slide Styles) - it will appear in your USER STYLES (it might create a duplicate of USER STYLES).

peeg.ptestyle

Highlight all of the NAME Slides and APPLY the Style in Slide Styles. It will create the three slide sequence in your example

From each NAME slide it will create the three slides you show in your example (Blank - NAME - Blank). I have used slightly different timings to you.

When you have done this, go to Project Options and set the Default Slide Duration to the value that you want for the images.

Drop the images into the Slide List between the pairs of Blank Slides.

Transitions might be a problem.They would need to be set individually for the IMAGES in SLIDE OPTIONS. You could Ctrl+Click on all of the Images and set the Transitions all in one go or do them individually - personally I would stick with Dissolve for this application - it would give a smoother presentation.