WnSoft Forums

Errors found - pictures not found

What A Ride

:huh: Well I'm using the latest ver and for some odd reason I can not run my show. as I receive the above error as noted in topic title. The pics are in the correct folder. I can put the cursor on the pic file on the bottom box and pics will show up with comments and all, but am not able to preview or exe. Iv'e spent alot of time on the show and I'm dead in the water..Can I some how relink the pics to the show? Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Open your ".pte" file with notepad and scan through the text looking for where the location of your picture files are supposed to be.

This is an example for the first picture in one of my .pte files:

[slide1]

ShowPic=1

Picture=D:\JPEG Files\Botanic Gardens\Botantic_00.jpg

PTE thinks my first slide is located in the directory "D:\JPEG Files\Botanic Gardens\"

If you've relocated or renamed your directories it can screw this up.

I've done that before and messed things up. In notepad under the edit menu you can do a find and replace of text strings and correct this. If not careful you can screw things up worse than they are. The safest bet is to move the files and music to the directories that the .pte file says they should be at.

Hope this helps. Repost with your results or what you find and I'll be checking in for it.

.......KEN

Thanks for your reply...

[slide1]

ShowPic=1

Picture=C:\Documents and Settings\Spaman\My Documents\My Pictures\Dans Retirement Party\Resized\IMG_7030.JPG

Pics are where they should be, the "show image " line reflects the same location. I even copied the whole folder of pics from a backup disk onto my laptop where I run my shows .....Bill :unsure:

Hi, Bill,

Make sure you check any images you are using for objects. I got tripped up once on this one. Or, you can try putting a copy of all your images and music in the same folder as the ".pte" file, and it should find them by default. (except for any music files you have added via the "Sound" line on the main window).

You can also check each image and sound file by "browsing" for each one in the space provided, and in this way resetting the path for each, to be certain that it is correct. Note that if a path for an image is incorrect, you will not be able to see it in the preview window. Best of luck!

Ciao,

Al

I've sometimes had a problem if I double-click on the .pte file instead of opening the .pte file from PTE file menu, but doubt that this is your problem. There are some sharp people on this forum, hopefully one will read your post and offer some help. Sorry I couldn't help...but I'm still thinking abot this one.

Not a solution but a last minute thought. Open your *.pte file in notepad and restore as backup*.pte so that you have a backup of your original in case you might need it.

I found the Problem,,,,,,I'm surprised this was the reason. Anyway, I evidently did not have all of the MP3s available in the directory, I went to music and unchecked "play background"...Now it finds the pics...So I learned if any thing is missing either Mp3's or pics, then program will not function... Thanks for effort guys..Bill

:D:P